Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Manager's Special is in effect. Don't pass up on this month's deals!

Regular MSRP Price: $472.49
Manager's Special Price: $399.99

-----------------------------------
Don't Miss Out!!!

'02-'06 RSX Alpha-Series Header 412-05-1910
Click Here to Purchase

Product Description

Skunk2 is proud to introduce its Alpha Series Header for the ’02-’06 RSX and ’02-’05 Civic Si. Patterned after our already popular and dyno-proven MegaPower Headers, which have been used by leading, competitive race teams for years, Skunk2’s Alpha Series Header employs many of the same design characteristics and technology. Skunk2’s engineers wanted to offer the same custom racing headers they use on the company’s own cars to enthusiasts at a good value, but without compromising quality. The process has taken years, but thanks to cutting-edge design, manufacturing technology, and craftsmanship, Skunk2’s produced the finest production header available. Similar MegaPower Headers power each of the championship-winning, Compass 360 Racing Grand-Am Cup Hondas and Acuras. In a class where competitors are not allowed to modify intakes and throttle bodies, the header and exhaust system become the keys to finding additional power.

All Skunk2 headers are designed and engineered to maximize exhaust flow and increase both horsepower and torque throughout the powerband. The unique design is the result of more than a decade of racing experience coupled with computerized modeling and extensive dyno testing. Each Skunk2 Alpha Series Header features equal-length, sequentially paired, stepped primaries and a 4-2-1 tri-Y design that terminates into a collector with a 2.5-inch outlet. These features, paired with Skunk2’s unique design specs, provide an extremely broad powerband that’s applicable to a wide range of engine sizes and configurations.

Alpha Series Headers also feature the smallest possible primary tubes required to achieve optimum overall and peak power. By minimizing the primary tubes’ diameter, Skunk2 is able to maintain the highest possible exhaust gas speed throughout the header, which improves mid-range power and throttle response significantly. Skunk2’s Alpha Series Header provides the perfect combination of top-end power without sacrificing mid-range performance or throttle response.

Skunk2's Alpha Series Header for the RSX is designed to clear the OEM anti-sway bar (K24 engines require downward-hoop-type anti-sway bar) and is compatible with most aftermarket exhaust systems that bolt to the factory location using factory mounting points (MegaPower RR Exhaust requires fabrication of supplied header adapter).

For additional information on this header and to purchase please visit:

Skunk2.com

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
i was looking to get this but there are so many mixed reviews. One person says it fits with stock sway while another says u need an em2 sway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking to get this but there are so many mixed reviews. One person says it fits with stock sway while another says u need an em2 sway.
Skunk2's Alpha Series Header for the RSX is designed to clear the OEM anti-sway bar, you may have heard mixed reviews on the Skunk2 MegaPower header. This is an updated version of the MegaPower Header and produces a lot better results...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
no im pretty sure the mixed reviews were for this header

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
ill find the link to the thread.. One person claimed to have received nothing but the header while another claimed to have received bolts and other misc. parts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
no response eh?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no response eh?
We have been getting good results with this header when mated to an OEM factory exhaust. The Alpha-Series header was designed provides better clearance then the MegaPower and yet produces more power. Like you said, we are getting mix reviews as well as positive feedbacks from our customer. Honestly, it could be a mix of things. Majority of our clients have no fitment issues, however when paired to a non Skunk2 Exhaust you may need to upgrade the front sway bar to an EM1 or EP3 front swaybar... There are a lot of variables, but the fitment has been inspected and our Alpha-Headers were designed to work with OEM and Skunk2 CatBack exhaust systems...

·
Master Race
128 Posts
Hi,
I missed the previous Manager's Special but I would like to order this header if there's another one coming up.
Will there be another Manager's Special soon?
Thanks.

·
Too Soon Junior
778 Posts
Would you guys still sell it for this price right now? I know the sale is already over but figured I would ask either way. If I can get it for $399 I'll be buying this instead of the DC Sports.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Would you guys still sell it for this price right now? I know the sale is already over but figured I would ask either way. If I can get it for $399 I'll be buying this instead of the DC Sports.

:thumbsup:
put me on the purchase list as well for the next manager sale!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Shouldn't promote something that doesn't fit, Ive got an Ep3 and it doesn't clear with an Ep3,Em2, type R or base rsx front sway bar

·
Registered
206 Posts
dude your car might be jacked up if that is the case. was it ever in an accident? just a thought
Car has all original body panels and headlights with no repaint, clean history, highly doubt it car aligned perfectly straight left to right when it was stock when I bought the car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts