Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Addicted Tuning Tweaker
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the skunk2 Pro-S coilovers and for the first time exceeded 100mph. It was scary as hell. My car seemed to want to go every which way but straight. It is fine below 80. Is this due to the height setting? Should I make the front/back lower or higher?

I will very extremely disappointed if these are poorly designed "performance" equipment that I have just paid to degrade my car. :(

·
Special Olympics Winner
3,031 Posts
the skunk2 pro-s are pretty dece coils man i think your car just might need a allignment now that you installed them, that or your tires need a balance

·
Civic Si Member
132 Posts
yeah i got pro-s on my 06 si n i love them... they r great for the price

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm dropped on Skunk2 coilovers, and they are VERY bouncy esp. at highway speeds (approx. 60-80mph). From other people I've talked to it seems that this is pretty common.

Get realigned see if it helps but I don't think this a serious problem, just the nature of the beast, and in all honesty I hope you don't/won't exceed 100mph so that its nothing more than a minor annoyance.

·
Addicted Tuning Tweaker
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good info

Thanks for the replys that is great info. I am taking it in for an alignment tomorrow. I'll retest and see. It is a minor annoyance but it could become much more when I go to the track. Well have to see. If they don't improve I might have to get something else but the low speed performance is so inspiring that I am hopeful that the alignment will do the trick.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
maybe you should drive within speed limits.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,088 Posts
Two problems here.....

You are driving too fast and too furious

You bought something from Junk2

·
Addicted Tuning Tweaker
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally seems better

Well, after replacing the right rear lower control arm, knuckle, and camber equipment for the front and rear it finally aligned to spec.

It is still a small bit suirrelly at high speed but I attribute that to caster changes due to lowering. It does track straight and feels good at most everything below 90.
I bought skunk2 coilovers because I read here on crsx that people liked them and they made good products. Some of the posts about "junk2" and such concern me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts