Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Skunk2 Pro S Coilovers? if so how have you liked them? anything to be aware of before i get these?

·
I <3 Integras
161 Posts
What is the general opinion of Ksports? Thinking about getting a set of Ksport Kontrols. Pillow ball top mount up front, will need a camber kit in the rear. I'm also interested in what makes people say skunk is junks! LOL

·
9,306 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what is so fucking bad about skunk2, all you people say is junk2 junk2 but no explanation why do you all say they are "junk"

·
Registered
480 Posts
what is so fucking bad about skunk2, all you people say is junk2 junk2 but no explanation why do you all say they are "junk"
not sure why others are calling it "junk2", but from my experience in the civic world that sums it up pretty well. Their camber kits crapped out on a lot of people as well as their coilovers.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
:repost:

Do you think you're the first one asking about Skunk 2 Coilovers?

Dood there is numerous threads and posts about your precious K-sports and Skunk2 coilovers.

Read 'em.

I'd explain things to you but you wouldn't understand so it'd be best for you to read subjective posts and comments.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
Skunk2 and ksports are sprung wrong for our cars....any compenys that offer anything other than a higher spring rate in the rear and lower rate springs in the front did not look at the motoin rations of our suspension design.
Ksprot has equel spring rates ft and rear and junk2's have higher spring rates in the front than the back.:thumbsdow

·
GT30R &gt; Traction
3,829 Posts
just wanted to post for the posdt count say search this keeps coming up and everytime we tell the people there shit.......

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
everyone is hating on the ksports, i have searched and seen why the spring rates are bad, but i still decided to ordered them and will be installing soon, my car will never see an auto x track, so i dont really have to worry about spring rates, all i want is to go lower than my s-techs take me, so hopefully for a daily driver these will work fine, also my choice was between the megans and the ksports, but after working on car with megans and seeing them have proublems multiple times i decided to try my luck with the ksports. we will see how they hold up

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
everyone is hating on the ksports, i have searched and seen why the spring rates are bad, but i still decided to ordered them and will be installing soon, my car will never see an auto x track, so i dont really have to worry about spring rates, all i want is to go lower than my s-techs take me, so hopefully for a daily driver these will work fine, also my choice was between the megans and the ksports, but after working on car with megans and seeing them have proublems multiple times i decided to try my luck with the ksports. we will see how they hold up
Don't get me wrong, if all you want is to slam your car without blowing your stock shocks coilovers are the best way to go, even if they're the cheapest ones you can find.

It just won't be "ideal" for handling. But most people don't care about that in the first place anyways.

·
The power of Dreams
528 Posts
like i said my car will never see an auto x track, and if it does i will upgrade, but i just wanted a daily driver with some decent coilovers to handle day to day abuse, and hopefull at least make the car feel a little more tight. i will also be installing innovative mounts, and a wilwood front brake kit, all i really care about is the car looking good, if i get any improvement in the way it drives, i will be happy, im installing the mounts tonight, i need them bad, my es inserts have taken about 2 years of abuse.

·
Alky fed rat.
1,637 Posts
Skunk2 and ksports are sprung wrong for our cars....any compenys that offer anything other than a higher spring rate in the rear and lower rate springs in the front did not look at the motoin rations of our suspension design.
Ksprot has equel spring rates ft and rear and junk2's have higher spring rates in the front than the back.:thumbsdow
:iamwiths:
The motion ratio on the DC5 puts the 8k in front and the 12k in the rear for a better wheel rate balance. The rear spring is 1" shorter but same diameter on the skunks, so they could be interchanged as long as you set the perches accordingly.
Its something like: WR+SR x MR2 - or -
wheel rate = spring rate x motion ratio squared, it is said that the DC5 is a .9 wheel rate in front and a .55 in back.You can search for more info on this as it has been discussed many times

As far as your question goes..........

I have them, about 8 months now, no bitches about quality. Purchased 8 k for the front and kept the 8k rear, with my sway setup I am very neautral in the corners, which suits me. I have re-set ride height a few times without any problems. The install instructions were clear, except for the included ball joints that they instruct you to install which are only for the EP3 installation, whoops. I used 3m silicone grease on all the springs and perches, etc.. and the noise is minimal (creaks and pops etc...) With the Falkens the ride was stiff, the new Hancook's are a softer sidewall and ride as such.
Remember its 1 piece to the suspension puzzle, if you looking for a drop and a "sporty" ride, they fit the bill. If you are setting up the ultimate track monster, maybe not the best choice.... although they helped my times at the local AutoX.

For the money...... not bad.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
:iamwiths:
The motion ratio on the DC5 puts the 8k in front and the 12k in the rear for a better wheel rate balance. The rear spring is 1" shorter but same diameter on the skunks, so they could be interchanged as long as you set the perches accordingly.
Please don't use a shorter spring on the front.

·
Alky fed rat.
1,637 Posts
Please don't use a shorter spring on the front.
Thinking might bottom out the shock?
Most likley correct :bow:, replacements can be had from skunk in many spring rates for 50.00+/- pair, a better solution to be sure.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.