Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on how to get the two pins out to remove the clutch slave cylinder? I have tried tapping it out with the back of a nail as well as with a flat head screw driver but no luck. any help is appreciated. Also, can these two pins be replaced with the single pin that holds the clutch line to the master cylinder? thanks!

G

·
That is a single pin, a U-shaped unit. You need to first pinch the staked ends closed and then you will be lift it out quite easily. Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey man, thanks for the reply but I was referring to the slave cylinder; it has two little hollow pins that do not have anywhere to grab to lift out. any experience with this one?

G

·
hey man, thanks for the reply but I was referring to the slave cylinder; it has two little hollow pins that do not have anywhere to grab to lift out. any experience with this one?
Oh! Not enough coffee yet this morning. Those are roll pins and you need a drift punch to drive them out. Do not use a nail or anything pointy becase that will only spread the end and make them tighter. Whatever the punch is, it must have a flat head. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
makes perfect sense. I thought of using everything but a drift punch for this actually. thanks man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts