Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
K20
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats been up havn't heard much in a while anyone coming out with slicks or those hoosier dr's coming out anytime soon? Getting annoying not able to put this power to use at the track. I know u can fit a 15 doing base brakes or shaving the caliper but i was just wondering if anytime is going to come out for this year since it's almost over with anyway. :confused:

·
Pay to play
222 Posts
Im not sure about what they are running, but If you check out the Skunk2 RSX vid on the CRSX main page they are running slicks and they put out a 9 sec run...pretty sweet for a FR car. Dont know what kind or size they are though.

·
K20
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O hell no thats a race car with phat ass slicks ehhehe im looking for something for the stock wheels or a size what will work for the rsx.

·
K20
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what i thought but didn't know if they're really coming out. So that it this month forsure???

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
In order to run the proper slick (not drag radial) on an RSX right now you have to step down to a 15" rim. I did it on mine and it took about an hour or so of shaving the caliper to make it work.

·
K20
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So it's safe to do this? And how much would a set of slicks/rims run for me to run slicks on the front i don't need skinnes just the front slicks.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
The price varies, but slicks run around $150+/each. The wheels sell for $223/each shipped here on the site.

It is more than safe to do because all you are doing is taking down the material that makes up the caliper, it doesn't get close to the pads or anything else.

·
Last call, K-K-K Kill it!
57 Posts
just wondering, the thought kinda popped into my head two seconds ago after reading the thread, but what about the stock axles? are they able enough to handle the launch of a slick? thanks ahead of time.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
Most have been doing ok, but I am running a set from CircuitWorx right now and really like them. Enjo also has some out but I don't have any experience with them. I know that Drive Shaft Shop has some but I have heard nothing but constant problems lately from quite a few customers.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
[QUOTE='02WhiteTypeS]The Hoosiers are due out this month 225/50 16's. I'm not sure about price yet, but they will definitely be worth it. They are DOT approved and will fit the stock rsx rim. We will be selling them on our website as soon as there available... www.teamxxxracing.com[/QUOTE]

PM first! ;)

·
K20
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can some one tell me if these hoosier are coming for sure this month? I got a nopi event im trying to race in which is in Oct. im seeing if i can just get these for the stock wheels or if not ill have to go and do the base brakes and get slicks or shave the caliper down. Sorry for all the run on's i jsut need to know forsure.

·
Internet Crack Dealer
34,438 Posts
The only way you are going to know for sure is when they are released. You would be amazed on how companies hold products for one reason or another. With SEMA around the corner, I bet you would probably see them released.

·
K20
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
What size are your slicks chris? And your running those 15x8 welds right? What esle do i need slicks/rims/shave caliper is that all?

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
I believe they use the 24.5/8.5/15 slicks from M+H.

You also need some spacers (I forget which sizes, but it is more than 1 on each side), most use longer studs and open ended lugs.

Do a serch for NSTLLMNGR, he had some pics and what not of how much to shave off the calipers.

·
K20
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seems like too much work to put slicks on the rsx, i think i might wait for teh Hoosier dr's.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
I hear ya there, I want to stay sleeper style anyway with the stockies on. I don't like it when cars pull up and they have dif rims on the front than the back. That and with the hoosiers you can drive to the track instead of hauling the rims and jack to the track and finding a place to put them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts