Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long story short i slid 20-25mph into a hard snow bank. impact was solely the lower front air dam and foglight area but

-bumper cap torn off
-core support only bent at bottom and fluid leaking
-hood won't close

maybe i can fix the damage myself? will post pics shortly

·
Boostalk!
3,289 Posts
Your car = totalled. I'll buy what's left for $1,000.00

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it actually happened on dry road. taking a left on green light too agressively nearly taching out 1st gear. it oversteered BAD, i tried to correct and the nose swung back hard again to the right. my stupid instinct took over and i locked the tires, nose shooting forward into the hard snow/ice.

i also remember the thermostat pegged at H arriving home but i didn't realize it till later. i don't know if there is a coolant hose that just tore loose or what. but i do remember the bottom corners of the support bent in. upper part of the support/headlight tabs aren't damaged. i'm hoping that its just cosmetic and the core just needs to be pulled out a bit. gonna try and take pics today now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
today i started the motor and let it run for awhile. suprisingly, it didn't overheat this time. but there was some more vibration in the cabin.

i just might be able to get away with slapping a bumper on and driving around with a bent in radiator

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts