Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my exhaust put on my car, and the sliencer wont come out. I took of the bolt that holds it on, and its in there pretty good. Does anyone have any advise or tips?

·
My Brain is broken
656 Posts
get something with a hook on the end stick it in there and pull fuckin hard

·
on the grind
383 Posts
yeah the hydraulic jacks with the handle bars usually have a point that sticks out on the side and i have been using that to pull it. put it in cuz it's skinny enough to go through the silencer and put the point behind the silencer and pull it'll come out. or YANK dont keep yanking one side though, rotate around.

·
on the grind
383 Posts
^lol, wtf?
or VTEC and all that air will blow the silencer out Lol..

i've actually had that happen to me though.. after awhile of driving i gunned it once and it flew out so it's worth a try but i wouldn't recommend it someone might kill you if it hits their car.

·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha well thanks guys for the advise, i will try this in the morning. I did pull hard as anything when i tried and moving it back and fourth.

·
04 Type-S
649 Posts
broom handle and hammer handle. hammer handle needs to be oval shape. Twist the hammer until it "locks" pull hard.

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
make sure the exhuast is cold when you try it. Metal expands when its heated, so that could be your issue. also, try to lube up the area where its ast, like water or something, you make it glide over it, reducing the friction of the metal to metal surface.

·
61 ci now
3,335 Posts
dude start it up, and rev that fucker and have a friend catch it with a towel when it comes out.

seriously.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts