Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I-VTEC
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, today I was changing my oil and when I was done. I noticed that the oil pan I had used to drain the oil had small pieces of metal. Does this mean my pistons are rubbing? It had been about 3500 miles since I changed my oil. My car just hit 40,000 miles. I always use a K&N Gold oil filter and Mobil 1; 10 30 oil. Is the oil I'm using to thin or is there something else I'm missing or I should do. I would appreciate your input, thanks.

·
I-VTEC
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How would the magnetic drain bolt help? also I'm pretty sure they weren't on the pan already, because I cleaned it before I drained the oil. What's an oil analysis?

·
On the road to boost
148 Posts
Does anyone have a brand preference on the magnetic bolts? i see there are several companies that make them for pretty big differences in cost...

·
Section 8
1,556 Posts
Skunk2, set w/ Tranny Bolt
I purchased a no name cheap one off ebay but it was really pathetic in quality,
Get any brand name one I would suggest.

·
On the road to boost
148 Posts
I mean the skunk is $25 and the spoon is $45...

·
On the road to boost
148 Posts
since no one is saying anything about the spoon bolts being better i think i'm going to go ahead and order the skunk ones.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
do you guys know if acura replaces these things everytime u get an oil change? i dont want them throwing 45 bucks down the drain...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts