Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok look here is the problem, before i decided to go cybernation stage 1 i had decided to go N/A so i purchased a type-s borla exhaust, dc sport type-s header and a carsound cat which all bolts up just fine onto my base automatic. The problem i now have is that since im going stage 1, will i run into any problems with installation? I know that they give you a new exhaust manifold and i think a test pipe too? Would my current set-up give them any trouble when installing the turbo? Or would they just go ahead and use the type-s manifold and test pipe to connect it to the borla?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
The stock manifold will be replaced with a turbo manifold. So no need for the header.

Cybernation's downpipes have no cat, so you would not be albe to use that.

And I'm not sure on the diameter of piping of your exhaust, but it can be used. Chances are its 2 1/4 with some resinators and sharp bends (restrictive with turbo). It will bolt up to the downpipe. But if it were me, I would sell it and get a custom 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust.

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wait though wunluv, cause my carsound cat is welded to my b-pipe, will this present a problem? or will they just toss the header, stock b-pipe with the carsoudn cat and just put on their downpipe with their header straight to my exhaust?

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
there is no header in a turbo setup. IT's a turbo manifold that replaces the stock header and the turbo mounts to it. After the turbo is the downpipe. Which bends down right before the cat, which is where the downpipe ends. Then comes the test pipe(or cat)...then it flows to the b-pipe and out of the back through a muffler.

Wunluv: why only 2 1/2 inch (60mm) pipes?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
teamxrsx said:

Wunluv: why only 2 1/2 inch (60mm) pipes?
He's going to be running a stage 1 on an auto tranny. No more than 230-240 whp I would imagine. I think 2 1/2 is all you need for this.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
yeahi said:
wait though wunluv, cause my carsound cat is welded to my b-pipe, will this present a problem? or will they just toss the header, stock b-pipe with the carsoudn cat and just put on their downpipe with their header straight to my exhaust?
Yes.

You say "toss", but I say "replace" cause you can sell the other parts. Look, there's already someone who wants to buy them. LOL

·
R.I.P Turbo'ed base auto
9,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol yea thats what i mean, woohoo that means that it all works, so im guessing they will be using a type-s downpipe and type-s exhaust manifold seeing that the piping size for the base exhaust and type-s exhaust is different? damn wunluv u know all this turbo stuff, :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts