Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off, let me say that i hate snow.
anyways, it snowed here yesterday. we got around a couple inches. i didn't have a snow brush or anything so i brushed it off with this microfiber towel i had in my car. no big deal..i figured i'd grab one this weekend. then it snowed again tonight:firemad:
what are good snow brushes that won't scratch up your car and where can i get one?

·
Here We Go Steelers!!!!!
17,702 Posts
go to wal-mart and get an ice scraper/brush 2 in 1 combo...but get a big one so that you can reach your whole windshield w/o leaning on the car....

·
Check REPTAR!!!!!!
15,879 Posts
the brushes cause harm but not enough that a good spring detail cant take out

Reactions: Big Cam

·
Here We Go Steelers!!!!!
17,702 Posts
which is why you just put some gloves on, and wipe the snow off your car...use the scraper for the windshield (if there's ice...if it's just snow, the brush is fine)

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
go to wal-mart and get an ice scraper/brush 2 in 1 combo...but get a big one so that you can reach your whole windshield w/o leaning on the car....
I actually agree and disagree. We got over a foot last weekend, so I know your problem. I don't like the brush and scraper in one deals becasue those bristles are so hard. I suggest buying a brush that is meant for washing your car and using that, then having a separate scraper with a metal end for the ice.
the brushes cause harm but not enough that a good spring detail cant take out
True, but I like to stop problems before they happen rather than fixing them later.

But you are correct, it's not that bad.

·
dolan pls
9,956 Posts
As long as you don't use the ice scraper end to chip snow from your car (which i've seen so many people do) you should be fine. Just goto target or something and find the brush with the softest bristles that will still brush snow away

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
As far as taking SNOW off, buy a large foam squeegee. I just got one, about the size of a broom, and it takes the snow off the car without harming the paint or anything. Ice scraper is fine for the windshield.

Something to this effect....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. i'm liking that 'snow brum.' hopefully there's some at local stores. if not..then a brush with really soft bristles i guess..

i used to use the 2in1 ones that my dad has on my old jetta. scratched the shiiit out of it last winter.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
As far as taking SNOW off, buy a large foam squeegee. I just got one, about the size of a broom, and it takes the snow off the car without harming the paint or anything. Ice scraper is fine for the windshield.

I want one.

·
b0000000000st
2,447 Posts

^those work awesome! my dad's dealership uses those bad boys to get the snow off of 600 cars. takes no effort at all. an rsx would take no more than 7 swipes for the whole car

check neg
you are awful. just awful. :laughing:

·
SuwoopinK20Z
1,830 Posts
snow FTL

·
MEGATRON!
13,059 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts