Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Ay BAY BAY
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys..i recently took the msf course and got my L's. ive been riding it since day 1 and i lovin every second of it. taking it slow right now so i can get a feel of the bike. get comfortable with leaning and how the bike reacts. tell me whatcha guys think

06 cbr600 got it used with 7k miles for 8k

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
no offense, but I think you got raped on the price. KBB retail is 7130 with only 3700 miles on it.

Did you get it from the dealer???

Why are you focusing on leaning? Do you mean "push left go left" i.e. turning? If you're referring to hanging off the bike, there is no reason to do it, especially at this stage in your riding career.

Otherwise, nice bike.

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
hey guys..i recently took the msf course and got my L's. ive been riding it since day 1 and i lovin every second of it. taking it slow right now so i can get a feel of the bike. get comfortable with leaning and how the bike reacts. tell me whatcha guys think

06 cbr600 got it used with 7k miles for 8k
nice bike. but ya, like the others said, it seems like you paid a bit too much, considering that the 05 was worth about the mid to upper $8k range back then.

for the amount you spent, you should've just gotten a new bike instead. :dontknow:

words of advice because you never know what can happen: get frame sliders asap!

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
nice bike. but ya, like the others said, it seems like you paid a bit too much, considering that the 05 was worth about the mid to upper $8k range back then.

for the amount you spent, you should've just gotten a new bike instead. :dontknow:

words of advice because you never know what can happen: get quality gear asap!
fixed for you. lolz.

·
Ay BAY BAY
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no offense, but I think you got raped on the price. KBB retail is 7130 with only 3700 miles on it.

Did you get it from the dealer???

Why are you focusing on leaning? Do you mean "push left go left" i.e. turning? If you're referring to hanging off the bike, there is no reason to do it, especially at this stage in your riding career.

Otherwise, nice bike.
ya i financed it cuz i didnt have straight cash. on the leaning part. i havent ridden a motorcycle in the streets before and im now just getting used to it so when i say "lean" it means leaning to turn. im not doing mountain riding or anything yet and i have a whole suit that my brother in law gave me to protect my ass. i also have helmet and gloves. also the frame sliders are coming next week. thanks every1 for the comments

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
ya i financed it cuz i didnt have straight cash. on the leaning part. i havent ridden a motorcycle in the streets before and im now just getting used to it so when i say "lean" it means leaning to turn. im not doing mountain riding or anything yet and i have a whole suit that my brother in law gave me to protect my ass. i also have helmet and gloves. also the frame sliders are coming next week. thanks every1 for the comments
I'm confused on the 8k part.

So are you financing 8k on a used bike with no money down? What's your APR???

What dealer did you go to?

The suit - does it fit perfectly?

·
Ay BAY BAY
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm confused on the 8k part.

So are you financing 8k on a used bike with no money down? What's your APR???

What dealer did you go to?

The suit - does it fit perfectly?

ya im financing 8k and i got it from riderschoice used bike warehouse in santa clara.

the suit fits snugly

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
ya im financing 8k and i got it from riderschoice used bike warehouse in santa clara.

the suit fits snugly
Sorry man. You got owned.

8k financed

Assuming an APR of 11.99%, you're looking at at least 1119.20 a year in extra finance charges. Assuming a 4 year finance program, that makes it to around 4400 in interest ALONE.

So you paid 12k for a used bike...

What's done is done...next time though, please do your hw. We're here to help!

·
Ay BAY BAY
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for your input. my next bike i wont be tricked! ill come here first haha

·
135i Coupe Owner!
7,962 Posts
Don't know how you haven't ripped your own hair out and can even type the words 'haha' after paying so much :shakehead

8,021 Posts
Don't know how you haven't ripped your own hair out and can even type the words 'haha' after paying so much :shakehead
lol

want to buy my bike? I'll sell it for a great price!! 04 R6 with ~25,000 miles for only $7,000. :laughing:

but ya...congrats on teh bike. At least you have one. Dont worry about leaning or anything like that right now. Lean angles will come with experience. Just practice throttle control and slow turns and the rest will follow

1 - 20 of 44 Posts