Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=297473

now my question is this...why do our cars seem to be about as fast as a lightly modified n/a type s up until 3rd gear? it's not a traction thing- we just do not get anything going until 3rd (insert 3rd gear rsx joke here). any ideas on how to improve upon this?

meek

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
Correct the type S ratios are too short and also it is difficult to get any traction with over 300 whp. The gears are spaced for all motor remember.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
Oh and BTW nice kill....pratice short shifting 1st to 2nd 7,000 rpm and as you stated magic time 3rd and get the job done 4th... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
itsmeek said:
:) thanks for the props fellas. now to figure out how to get that integra fd...
my point is you dont want the ITR FD. someone needs to make a 1st n 2nd gear thats a little taller for boost, i guess a slightly taller FD would work, but might make 3rd no longer be the magic gear

·
2008 Project?
4,263 Posts
silver RSX-S said:
my point is you dont want the ITR FD. someone needs to make a 1st n 2nd gear thats a little taller for boost, i guess a slightly taller FD would work, but might make 3rd no longer be the magic gear

my new redline will likely be 9500 or more. that helps out in 1st and 2nd gear.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
silver RSX-S said:
oh yeah..duh. wasn't thinking.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
jsimon9633 said:
my new redline will likely be 9500 or more. that helps out in 1st and 2nd gear.
the torque multiplication will still be the same, so you'll just spin to 9500rpms instead of 8500rpms :laughing: ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts