Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Ex-rsx'er now s-10 owner
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started my new job as a security guard (rent-a-cop) and im on patrol duty the whole shift and on top of that my patrol car is a damn Daewoo with no power steering and manual transmission. And it just so happens that i've driven a stick maybe once or twice with somebody teaching me (long time ago though since i now own an auto rsx). But neverthless i took my chances and by myself i drove that bitch in first and sometimes shifting to second the whole 8 hours. I would have to say the hardest part from learning in that car is backing up and turning that stiff as a dead corpse steering wheel. But other than that, yeah i stalled a lot, but by the end of the day i can say that i'll get good at it with a couple days depending on how comftarble i get with the non-existent power steering capabilities. Just thought i post this since i hardly ever post anything. :driving:

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
:) congratulations. Always learn stick on a POS, that way when you finally get a nice MT car you don't ruin anything.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Good shit, you should be launching that truck like a pro in no time at all. :)

·
CNN's smart ass 'lil bro
3,005 Posts
Great. Now go trade your auto in!! lol (kidding if you really like auto, if I lived in a big city I'd probably drive auto)

·
Sketchy
1,494 Posts
good luck bro... in no time you will be cruisin like a pro

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
Well... the best way to learn something is to be forced to use it....

·
I love my rally car
15,937 Posts
silversx02 said:
i just got my 06 type S its my first manual car i've owned. when i park the car do i leave it in neutral or 1st gear? any other advice u guys can give me is welcomed.
thnx
Pull up the ebrake and leave it in gear (incase the ebrake fails).

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
silversx02 said:
i just got my 06 type S its my first manual car i've owned. when i park the car do i leave it in neutral or 1st gear? any other advice u guys can give me is welcomed.
thnx
Always park in gear! Unless it's a flat road. Haha I didn't know about this at first....and I saw my car rolling a few seconds later, sure gave me a heart attack. Just make sure when you start up your car again, to put it back in neutral. You can also do this when the car is off, clutch in, put it in first, release clutch. If you parking on an uphill, then put it in Reverse.

·
party like a ROCKSTAR!!
3,181 Posts
congrats on learning to drive stick man!! soon you'll realize how much fun they are (except in traffic :jigglemad ) defintely need to step up to 6 speed :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, I'm getting used to driving stick too. Coming from an auto, this is a lot of work! But I'm seeming to pick it up.. 800 miles on the car already! :D

·
PWP_K20Z1
502 Posts
PWP06TypeS said:
Yeah, I'm getting used to driving stick too. Coming from an auto, this is a lot of work! But I'm seeming to pick it up.. 800 miles on the car already! :D
Time to break in that left leg..... :p

I came from an auto also, and my left leg was never used to that kind of stuff..but now it's not a problem. Although I drive an Auto for pretty much 5 days a week to and from work..and the RSX on the weekends.

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
AcCO12D95 said:
Time to break in that left leg..... :p

I came from an auto also, and my left leg was never used to that kind of stuff..but now it's not a problem. Although I drive an Auto for pretty much 5 days a week to and from work..and the RSX on the weekends.
Man, you're in for a treat once you drive another manual... the RSX clutch pedal weighs about 2oz.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
my leg never hurt when i was learning.. just after i go skateboarding or something and somehow hurt my leg... THEN it hurts like hell to shift

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
rsx has the best clutch ever it weighs like a pound every other car i driven like a ser or a wrx is like 50 its a work out just to shift gears.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
yea now that u say that every other stick car i have drove has a hard clutch

·
hello.
1,187 Posts
haha yeah i love the rsx's clutch. a rsx is a really good car to learn stick on since its so ezy to drive

1 - 20 of 27 Posts