Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Occasional Elitist
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question .. for those of you who have 10% or lower, how much of a hinderance does the tint cause to your vision at night? As of right now I am set on getting 10%, but I do about half of my driving at night and I rely on my hatch window more than i do on my mirrors...

any help/commentary is appreciated...

and yes, i will post pictures after its done :)

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
i have 5% and it is pretty difficult to see out the back when backing up at night. i rely heavily on my mirrors because of this

it's not bad at all to see out the sides though

·
Registered
233 Posts
:iamwiths:
5% in the back makes it hard to see out of at night. If you usually flip the tab on the mirror at night when cars are behind you, it will feel about the same.

·
Occasional Elitist
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:iamwiths:
5% in the back makes it hard to see out of at night. If you usually flip the tab on the mirror at night when cars are behind you, it will feel about the same.
hmmmm .. i wanna go super dark, since my car is black, but idk if its worth it .. safety + not crashing into people> 5% tint imo

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
lower your windows and use your mirrors when backing out at night.

your biggest concern should be whether or not cops are "tolerant" of dark tints in your area.

5% here.. not bad at night.

·
Registered
704 Posts
10% on the rear window is a nice look. The guy before me had 10% on the hatch glass but it made it difficult to spot crown victoria headlights in the rear view at night :) I ended up going 20% on the rear...i think somewhere between 10% and 20% would be perfect.

·
From B to K
670 Posts
Too much..I kept hitting curbs wheneve rI would back out. :)

·
Occasional Elitist
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lower your windows and use your mirrors when backing out at night.

your biggest concern should be whether or not cops are "tolerant" of dark tints in your area.

5% here.. not bad at night.
in my case, the "po-po" arent at all tolerant .. ehh w/e ill go with 10% and call it a day

·
Banned
5,791 Posts
you will be able to see fine

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had 3% all around, (5% over 30%). during day driving it was fine and i didnt get any trouble from the cops in my area but at night i had to ride with the windows down. ended up redoing the front windows 30 and leaving the back 3 3%. i can see what i need to and just have to roll them down and use side mirrors when backing at night

·
do a barrel roll!!
662 Posts
you definately have to put something on the front i have 30 on the front, have had it for like 2 months now and havent gotten hassled from the cops, also work on MCAS Miramar and havent gotten any shit from them either ::knocks on wood:: IMO having tint on the back and none up front doesnt look good at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts