Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
infamous
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to know if a Kawa 250r Ninja is the right size bike for someone as small as I am... (mind you I'm only 4'11).

I know it's a stupid question but I wanted your guys' opinion to see if it's even worth saving my money for or not..

Also, bike suggestions would be great =D

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
250 would be fine. You might have to lower the seat height by shaving it down, which is what my friend did (yes, HE'S under 5ft also) but you should be able to tip-toe on both sides. Its a confidence issue at first, since you have to practice your stops and launches, but when you get the hang of it, it will be fine.

The Buell Blast has an even lower seat height, so you might want to check that out too.

Sit on the bikes first to see if lowering the height is necessary.

A Rebel 250 would be even better, but that is more of a standard/cruiser bike.

·
infamous
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
250 would be fine. You might have to lower the seat height by shaving it down, which is what my friend did (yes, HE'S under 5ft also) but you should be able to tip-toe on both sides. Its a confidence issue at first, since you have to practice your stops and launches, but when you get the hang of it, it will be fine.

The Buell Blast has an even lower seat height, so you might want to check that out too.

Sit on the bikes first to see if lowering the height is necessary.

A Rebel 250 would be even better, but that is more of a standard/cruiser bike.
Hmm, I'll most likely look into the Rebel 250 then. All I'm lookin for is a bike to cruise around on during the weekends or when I go out =]

Thanks so much for your help!

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
It is all about the style of bike you want but the chef is right, the rebel will be alot lower than a ninja, and those things get ridiculous mileage, upwards of 100 I think.

·
infamous
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is all about the style of bike you want but the chef is right, the rebel will be alot lower than a ninja, and those things get ridiculous mileage, upwards of 100 I think.
Well I did look up the Rebel and I don't like it at all >.<

So now I'm stuck between a Ninja 250r OR a Suzuki gs500f.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to handle the gs500f because I like it better than the Ninja but either way, they're both nice bikes.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Well I did look up the Rebel and I don't like it at all >.<

So now I'm stuck between a Ninja 250r OR a Suzuki gs500f.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to handle the gs500f because I like it better than the Ninja but either way, they're both nice bikes.
Basically it is all about what is most comfortable for you. maybe look into getting a pair of riding boots? My mom is really short, probably about as short as you, and she got a pair of boots from harley davidson, and they have like an inch or so or rubber on the botom to make her a bit taller, but they are just regular boots, nothing crazy at all.

·
infamous
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Basically it is all about what is most comfortable for you. maybe look into getting a pair of riding boots? My mom is really short, probably about as short as you, and she got a pair of boots from harley davidson, and they have like an inch or so or rubber on the botom to make her a bit taller, but they are just regular boots, nothing crazy at all.
A lot of my friends have been telling me that I can just lower the Suzuki and I would be fine :dontknow:

Is that true? lol

·
canonberry crew holla
22,632 Posts
wow cool. your mom rides a bike?

joannah, props to you on getting a bike. after a few of my friends took nasty spills last year, i'm really hesitant on pursuing my bike-riding dream lol

·
infamous
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes.

But that takes more money than its worth.
Really? :noes:

Lame =[ but that's probably what I'll end up doing if I really don't like the Ninja when I go see it in person haha.

joannah, props to you on getting a bike. after a few of my friends took nasty spills last year, i'm really hesitant on pursuing my bike-riding dream lol
Oh I see bikers always almost get hit by cars. People here in Vegas don't care if you're on a bike or not. They still consider you as another car :shakehead

When I was riding with my friend this fuckin' SUV was tailing us and shit. I was SO scared... But I still want a bike LOL

·
canonberry crew holla
22,632 Posts
Oh I see bikers always almost get hit by cars. People here in Vegas don't care if you're on a bike or not. They still consider you as another car :shakehead

When I was riding with my friend this fuckin' SUV was tailing us and shit. I was SO scared... But I still want a bike LOL
lol yea.. NJ/NY is even worse. proper gear is the key no matter how long you plan on taking the bike out for. thats one thing i learned from these 2-wheeled gurus

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts

My parents are bike nuts.

My dad has
1978 BMW 1000cc
1979 BMW 1000cc
2006 Yamaha FJR 1000 or 1300?? I forget
and a 2006 Harley V-Rod

my mom has a 2006 Yamaha 600 something, basically the smaller version of my dad's
and a 1982 Honda CX500 turbo, which is actually in my name now! I inheritted it :D

·
canonberry crew holla
22,632 Posts
My parents are bike nuts.

My dad has
1978 BMW 1000cc
1979 BMW 1000cc
2006 Yamaha FJR 1000 or 1300?? I forget
and a 2006 Harley V-Rod

my mom has a 2006 Yamaha 600 something, basically the smaller version of my dad's
and a 1982 Honda CX500 turbo, which is actually in my name now! I inheritted it :D
thats awesome man. my parents, on the other hand, will kill me as soon as they see me on a bike.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Really? :noes:

Lame =[ but that's probably what I'll end up doing if I really don't like the Ninja when I go see it in person haha.

It's all about driving defensivly all the time, don't give cars anything, or they will just ignore you and run oyur ass off the road. I'm not talking road rage but be defensive.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
thats awesome man. my parents, on the other hand, will kill me as soon as they see me on a bike.
My parents were happy that I got my R6 because now we can ride together when I go home.:rotfl:

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts