Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Im leaving to toronto for a road trip in a few days and I was wondering if I should put my stock wheels back on the car. My buddy will be driving so my car will be sitting infront of my house like it is now. I dont have a garage so pretty much when I'm home I always listen for my alarm if anyone would try anything but seeing that I'm gona be away for prob a week I dont know if I want to have my family listening for my alarm. I have wheel locks but still undecided to what to do maybe largely due to me being lazy to go to my basement and get the stock ones and change out the rims.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok i think what he is trying to say is he is leaving to go to toronto for a few days, he doesn't have his car garaged where he lives but he is always listening for the alarm on his car if somebody tries anything like for example stealing his wheels so he is asking if you guys think he should take of his wheels and put the stock ones back on while he is gone.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doh... i forgot to mention im not taking my car to canada my buddy will be driving his truck

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no garage at parents house, friends house are full of their own cars, no gf currently and prob wont trust them with the car anyways...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yah that sounds like a good idea...the spokes have been pretty dusty due to my ceramic pads

·
4ut0strd4
1,093 Posts
Take the wheels off and put your car on stands. Then if somone tries to steal it they won't get very far. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Take the wheels off and store them in your hatch the whole time you're gone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
And after you go back to stock wheels, why not covering your car with that car cover?
My dad does that sometimes and it also prevents your car from getting all dusty

·
Put on the stocks. if you leave the volks you'l be mad you didn't swap them.

·
My i-VTEC goes BWAAAAHHHH
1,913 Posts
put the stocks back on bro, even if you have wheel locks. save the stress

·
ciao-su!
7,796 Posts
just do it. it'll take what like 20 minutes? dont be so lazy haha you know you dont wanna come back home to see your car on rocks

it will lessen the chance for anything happening to your car. of course you know it wont eliminate the chance of someone breaking in or stealing the car, but rims do attract unwanted attention

·
I♥MyDc5
5,852 Posts
depending on how long u were going 2 be gone for, i would take them off it it were me.
and put a wheel or brake lock on or something too,.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.