Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, well, well.. you want to spray some nitrous into that wonderful K20A, huh? You NEED that speed, do ya? Well I am here! Your neighbourhood nitrous moderator to give you some SERIOUS stuff to think about, and I'll even give you all a visual aid that will make you cringe with terror at the thought of doing things without thinking them through or taking all of the necessary precautions!

I was the only Sport Shift RSX that I know of in the country and I was safely running 100 shot with an MSD RPM Window Switch set to a safe range of 3500rpm through 6800rpm. Never had a single problem, folks, and went through at least 40 bottles of nitrous in my spraying career in the RSX.

No doubt you have all seen the wonderful sticky of posts, answers, and info that Alpha Zero compiled using posts that both of us had made.. HEED the sticky people, I mean it.

...and you'll never hear either of us advocate anything over 75 shot, either. 100 can and has been done, as well as 125, but issues start to come up at 125. Our mounts for example aren't exactly ready for that being for a 2 litre 4-banger.

I, in my infinite ballsiness(tm) decided I needed to see just how much of a burn out I could do on 125 shot.. because I could do HELLACIOUS burn outs on 100 shot at low rpm injections. I knew there was a risk...

...well here is what happens to an RSX #3 chamber, piston, and ring that sprays at 1500rpm at 125 shot settings:

GOD DAMN! You know how much that costs to fix? $6500 for the motor, and roughly $3000 for the labour.

Think of that before you guys hot shot.. That was on TWO stages colder with 104 octane, so ping/knock deterrants will not save you man.

Spray responsibly,

Az :wavey:

·
Swingline!!!!!!!!!!!!
108,768 Posts
yes.. had it not been for 125 and boredom.. da Azmobile part 1 would either still be with us, or totally fuxed on a 150 shot...

haha

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Might as well go for a new Honda 954 for that much, and have enough for helmet afterwards. :)

·
700p LTR TWS .308
19,493 Posts
Disclaimer to all: Az is an insane psycho freak. :laughing:

·
K series tuning liberator
2,524 Posts
how are you retarding your timing on that 125 shot???? Need advice on how to do this for mine. :)

·
2,524 Posts
is that safe?? or does the ECU pick up the slack and retard timing by it's self

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
well, they're doin 125 safe, other than az and the low window switch......so i'd say it's fine. i wouldn't in any guess think that the engine retards it on its own, but however when i get my stuff in, i'll be able to tell you that or not.

·
2,524 Posts
k, cool!......i should be just fine then with the 75 shot..i was worrying about the timing with the 75......i was gonna just stick with the 55 shot for now...until i figured out how or what to do to retard the ignition timing. Any idea how much a window switch costs? The K20A2 motor is real tricky....everything is much different than the old B series engines...not much known about it....not too many products out for these types of things from my observation. I hear HONDATA is gonna be realesing a new flash for the K20A2 that, instead of advancing the ignition timing for NA setups....it will retard the timing for forced induction and nitrous applications.....thanks as always for the help!

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
yeah, but i wouldn't want to be driving around all the time with retarded timing.... i might spray for 1 mile out of 100 or so.....get the idea?

window switch with 2 sets of pills.. 125 or so from summit..if you need part #'s, i can get them. they also have adjustable ones without pills.

·
2,524 Posts
yeah....part numbers would really be nice...i can go right to what i need with those...i just want everything to be right...there is no sense of me rushing to spray large amounts of N20 if it's gonna blow my shit up. I am getting a turbo soon too....so having both will help me out largly....i need the N20 to cool off the forced induction air and make everything safer....so i still need all these things for the correct set up

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
on summitracing.com....

msd-8956 $77
7100-7900 pills msd-87471 $24
4000-4800 pills msd-4744 $24

if you toy around or search under msd, you can get the other pill sets, they're just close to the same part #'s.

·
2,524 Posts
Thanks so much man!!....been a huge help!!....

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
also, when i start, i'll go 4800 to 7100. when i got the hang of it down. i'll go 4k to 7700.

not a prob. when i spray, i'll tell ya about the timing issue.

·
2,524 Posts
cool...those where about the rpm ranges i was thinking about. I have been pretty good staying within my correct range when spraying...i never have gone past 7900 while on the bottle.....although i frequently take it to fuel cut off when not spraying. So i know the limit pretty well....but shit happens....so i need the window switch really bad.....the guys running 100-125 shots have had no problems? with the expection of az..i read about that one....but that was because he sprayed at too low of an RPM....i am hesitant to go to 100 shot..i think i will stay with the 55-75 range...i own everybody around here as it is with my car....:)

·
Registered
823 Posts
I din't even put in a window switch until I went over 50. But then again I get drunk and jump off 2 story buildings. So what ever that means to ya.:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts