Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
JDM Type R
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hardly ever get to drive the car these days and as a result I battery constantly goes dead so I got myself a solar powered charger to leave in the car while not in use.

Are these safe to leave inside the car or do they get very hot as I will it leave on the dash board.
Are they safe on the electronics or could it effect something like the Kpro ECU?
Obviously I won’t start the car with it connected. I know nothing about solar power :shakehead
Thanks

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
I hardly ever get to drive the car these days and as a result I battery constantly goes dead so I got myself a solar powered charger to leave in the car while not in use.

Are these safe to leave inside the car or do they get very hot as I will it leave on the dash board.
Are they safe on the electronics or could it effect something like the Kpro ECU?
Obviously I won’t start the car with it connected. I know nothing about solar power :shakehead
Thanks

Well that is not going to harm anything, but what do you mean by hardly ever driving, once a day, once a week, once a month, as if you are driving once a week or less save your money and just disconnect the battery as then you will not have a trickle of current going to anything. and the battery should remain charged although batteries will loose some charge over time, unless it is really old you should not loose enough charge to not start the car. now if it is once a week or so that you are driving and the batt is loosing its charge you probably need a new battery or have something other than the car's electronics drawing on the batt when parked.

·
JDM Type R
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only driven it twice in the last two months.
I had it off the road for a few months before Christmas & the battery was completely dead and needed to be replaced. I need the battery connected as I need to keep the alarm on, I also have a buddy club earth wiring kit connected to the battery. I disconnected the wiring kit before but it didn’t make much of a difference.

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
I have only driven it twice in the last two months.
I had it off the road for a few months before Christmas & the battery was completely dead and needed to be replaced. I need the battery connected as I need to keep the alarm on, I also have a buddy club earth wiring kit connected to the battery. I disconnected the wiring kit before but it didn’t make much of a difference.
Then the alarm is what is killing the battery, plain and simple driving twice in 2 months and alarm running all the time is going to kill any battery. If garaging is an option do it and keep the alarm off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts