Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else here seen this shit, its a solar powered fan that you put on your window and it sucks out all the hot air in your car when you got it parked somewhere. I dont know about you but here in Houston, Texas I sure as hell could use this thing right about now (that is if it work like it says)....

http://wonderfulbuys.com/autov.asp?tag=fpcp14&prod=3-053120

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
that would really help my car out, so hot with a black car and black interior =/, anyone try this out yet?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
I saw that on TV. Actually, I was sort of interested, but the only drawback, that I could find, was the weather seal apparatus. Basically, when you place the fan over the window, you place a seal along with it, because the window will not properly shut, with the fan in the way. The seal is designed to prevent water from entering the vehicle, and such, but I just wasn't sure how well it would work. Also, would it leave residue, etc.

·
Lurker since 06
2,093 Posts
Hell I live in New Hampshire with all black and my car gets hot as hell during the summer, some spring and fall. It must be a deathbed for you guys down south. I'm glad I don't live in Oklahoma anymore. I like snow.
Yeah someone try this out and post back.

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,231 Posts
if you crack both windows and the sunroof 1/2 inch you'll get the same results.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
The webpage won't come up for me, do you have to have your window rolled down for this???

Can anyone say car theft.

·
Bundy :cry:
7,633 Posts
The webpage won't come up for me, do you have to have your window rolled down for this???

Can anyone say car theft.

There's a tiny gap for the mounting bracket to fit through. So basically you install it and close the window as much as it goes. It's a pretty good idea, pain in the ass to really use though. If not your car, that thing can probably get jacked very easilly. Not to meantion the pain in the ass to install it every time you park...

·
HT haterzz
3,990 Posts
KCRA 13 (local news) had this on one of those consumer-myth-buster test shows..
It doesn't work. The car with the fan insert was no cooler than the car w/o one on a hot day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts