Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Original owner. My career took me to NYC years ago and I left this at a second residence for when I visited. It spent a lot of time stored in the garage. No rust. Leather seats have not cracked/split. It's not perfect with various dings and scratches but for 17 y/o this is pretty clean. Fun to drive. Clean title. New tires. Oxygen sensors recently replaced (caused Check Engine light to go on). Asking $15k. Need to sell asap. No low offers pls. I know finding anything under 100k miles is getting harder and harder to find.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Despite the fact that this is in great condition with low mileage, you’ll likely not get what you’re asking being that it’s an A3 with an auto trans. I paid $8000 for mine with 60k, in the same condition. What you’re asking for is creeping into Type S territory.
Just an FYI, good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Despite the fact that this is in great condition with low mileage, you’ll likely not get what you’re asking being that it’s an A3 with an auto trans. I paid $8000 for mine with 60k, in the same condition. What you’re asking for is creeping into Type S territory.
Just an FYI, good luck with the sale.

You know I didn't really think to ask that much until I saw this one in Seattle area and called the dealer. He suggested $15k and said that if you wait the right buyer will come. He said low mile ones are becoming one of a kind. I encourage any comments as I don't sell cars every day :)

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
View attachment 569090
You know I didn't really think to ask that much until I saw this one in Seattle area and called the dealer. He suggested $15k and said that if you wait the right buyer will come. He said low mile ones are becoming one of a kind. I encourage any comments as I don't sell cars every day :)
While these may be getting more rare, all used car lots tend to price gouge. The people that want these cars are typically enthusiasts like those of us on this forum, but those enthusiasts want a Type S. Look around on this forum and you'll find a lot of negative comments regarding base models, and even more towards those with an auto trans. Your post said you need to sell asap, so I would completely disregard what the dealer said. He sounds like a typical salesman, not a car enthusiast.

Think of it from a buyers perspective. Do you want to spend $15k on a 16-17 year old car that you're not going to be able to find parts for, or would you rather put $15k down on a new car that's faster, nicer, more efficient, and more technologically advanced? Keep in mind that we just got news of a new Integra coming next year. I'm willing to bet people are going to want to use that $15k for a down payment. Check the KBB value and base your asking price a little higher than that as people are going to try to negotiate. I could be wrong, but I'd say the value is closer to $10k depending on your zip code.

·
iHeartDC5's
873 Posts
View attachment 569090
Hey, I actually saw that car posted. The owner 2nd owner of the car was selling it for much less than that price on OfferUp just a few days ago 6 days after he had posted it, I found the car listed for 11k and messaged him; he said he had sold the car already. Just a day later, that dealer, Sports Cars International, had posted it up for 20K. I thought to myself that it couldn't have been the same car, but it looked oddly familiar. I compared the VIN numbers (and the plate numbers that the dealer didn't even bother to remove), and found that they were the same exact car. I then messaged the original owner back, and let him know what I had found, to which he replied, "Disgusting.".

The example you posted is a prime example of a dealers greed, and is not a true indication of the market.

I WOULD be interested in your vehicle, if you priced the car more reasonably, and not based on a greedy stealership!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While these may be getting more rare, all used car lots tend to price gouge. The people that want these cars are typically enthusiasts like those of us on this forum, but those enthusiasts want a Type S. Look around on this forum and you'll find a lot of negative comments regarding base models, and even more towards those with an auto trans. Your post said you need to sell asap, so I would completely disregard what the dealer said. He sounds like a typical salesman, not a car enthusiast.

Think of it from a buyers perspective. Do you want to spend $15k on a 16-17 year old car that you're not going to be able to find parts for, or would you rather put $15k down on a new car that's faster, nicer, more efficient, and more technologically advanced? Keep in mind that we just got news of a new Integra coming next year. I'm willing to bet people are going to want to use that $15k for a down payment. Check the KBB value and base your asking price a little higher than that as people are going to try to negotiate. I could be wrong, but I'd say the value is closer to $10k depending on your zip code.
Thank you all that gave your input. I sold this for $10,000 to a young man in the navy. His first car. But I will miss this car and hope the Integra in 2022 is a worthy reincarnation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts