Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi picked up an rsx with dead starter.. So the other day I rebuilt my starter brushes and it ran fine. Today I tried to start and its stuck buzzing. Even after removing the keys its still buzzing so i had to pull the battery negative as you could smell the starter burning. Any suggestions? Bad battery, ground, starter or positive harness? Starter relay? I'm going to try a different battery and new ground cable first..... :confused::confused:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Check for power on the small starter solenoid wire. It should only have power when you turn the key. If it's hot even with the key out, you have some major electrical issues to address.
If there is no power on the solenoid wire, and you still hear the buzzing, then unplug the + wire to the starter and verify the noise goes away. The starter could be damaged internally and shorting out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does not quite crank, the starter is buzzing. I'm going to continue with a new battery and ground cable. I dont understand why its still buzzing when the key is taken out from the tumber ignigion :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed - I replaced the negative battery ground wire that was corroded and did a "big three wiring" in addition to the starter. Also new costco battery and sanded positive terminal. Thanks all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts