Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Official Voice of Hasport
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I thought I'd come on Club RSX and give some information about Hasport mounts.

We have noticed that many of the orders coming from Club RSX are for mounts with 70A urethane. Other than the orders coming from Club RSX the vast majority of our mount sales are for the 62A urethane. I have to assume that the reason for this, is member's experiences with Innovative Mounts. There seems to be a consensus that the Innovative 60A quickly looses it's shape and resilience and causes vibration problems.

I'm concerned that Innovative's problems are making people choose a durometer on Hasport mounts that will result in unneeded vibration. The Hasport urethane is a different formula and design and will not loose its shape like our competitors. If you are interested in a closer to stock ride please order the 62A.

For those who want an increase in engine movement control, you can order just an upgraded rear urethane. Having 62A in the side mounts and 70A in the rear is a great compromise between comfort and performance.

If you have any questions about Hasport products, don't hesitate to post your questions.

Thank you all for your kind support,
brian g

·
Retired OG
147,491,197 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
61,558 Posts
I have the 62a on my supercharged rsx and absolutely love them. hardly anyyyy vibrations at all. No wheel hop when im at the drag strip. Trying to convice my room mate to pick up a set for his k24d rsx. hasport ftw :thumbsup:

·
How You DOOIN
3,410 Posts
I have hasport 70a all the way around except the from witch is the invt 70a front. The hasport mounts are by far the best looking and best quility can see that they where made from a solid block of aluminum. Cleans up nice with sum windex. Have had them for over 2 yrs now and not one prob. Minimal vibs but very firm. No wheel hop at all none. Engine is in its place and dosent move. Befor with stock mounts movent was crazy, it banged my header againt the front sway bar all the time. Felt like the engine wanted to just fall out.

·
Banned
2,274 Posts
Koreo, you got the 62a all around? I was originally looking at the innovatives. Saw alot of people having them sent in to be redone! That's what changed my mind to go with hasport 62a all around for just your basic i/h/e setup.

·
Registered
61,558 Posts
just have the stock one with the esmm. i get no wheel hop on the track or on the street

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Wonder who got you those mounts adam :wait:

I have 62's all around with the exception of my front mount (still stock) and I get wheel hop (though mounts don't really correct this more so suspension iirc) but the vibrations are nothing I can't stand. Between my mounts and my sub I feel like I get a nice back massage from time to time :)

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No front mount, why is this? i Have the 70's and a 75a front with just bolt ones. Your engine movement is minimal still with a SC?
All of our kits come without front mount. The front mount makes minimal difference in our experience. You are better off upping the rear durometer to control the movement. Since the torque that is being exerted on the engine is in reaction to turning the axles, the rear mount does the majority of the work.

The 2012 Civic Si does not have a front mount.

brian g

·
0 Posts
...Since the torque that is being exerted on the engine is in reaction to turning the axles, the rear mount does the majority of the work.
I don't disagree with that except to say that, in my experience, if you stiffen only the rear mount and leave the front un-touched, the motor's rotational energy will then turn the stiffest point (rear, I guess...) into a fulcrum to pivot off of, and then lever the front, upward. I watched this happen on the dyno with my motor.

I first ran the rear three Innovatives in 60A, had all sorts of motor movement, then installed the front in 60A. It helped, but motor movement was still there. You could visibly see the motor rock back when under load on the dyno. I personally think the front mount is the most important of all.

Thanks, Hasport, for being active in this thread.

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I agree with your observation on the dyno, but given the choice between a stiff front and a stiff rear, The stiff rear makes the biggest difference. The problem with a stiff front is the axle twisting forces get much more mechanical leverage and will move the engine a lot more. The effect is like lifting a wheelbarrow, a stiff front mount is like the front wheel on the wheelbarrow; it's easy to lift the load (the resistance offered by the side mounts) the further away you apply the force.

Having a stiff rear mount is like trying to lift the load near the wheel, it can be done, but requires more force. Try back to back dyno pulls using stock mounts but alternating between a stiff front and stiff rear. The difference is noticeable. The really big difference is at the differential though, and that's where potential problems can occur with axle angles and of course the header moves more when the engine pivots off the front.

brian g

·
0 Posts
Brian,

Thanks for your reply and I see your logic. I can't say that my experiences validate them but that is just me.

Out of curiosity, have you ever considered sourcing out hard rubber inserts for your mounts? The issue I had with Innovatives was that the front mount (60A's) could get their bores egged-out after a year or so, basically acting like you had no mount at all up there. The poly just does not return to its original shape once deformed.

·
Resident hater
7,647 Posts
some good info in here. makes me lean towards hasport 62a's now. :)

·
Dreamchaser
939 Posts
To TS, would you ever consider making mounts for base auto?

I'll be your hamster if you make a prototype :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Too low, too slow
1,218 Posts
I wish I would have had this info earlier in the year....I started with Innovative 60's because thats whats most widely endorse, they literally got destroyed after a few passes at the track. I'm now using the 75's and some nights the vibrations literally make me feel ill.

·
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Out of curiosity, have you ever considered sourcing out hard rubber inserts for your mounts? The issue I had with Innovatives was that the front mount (60A's) could get their bores egged-out after a year or so, basically acting like you had no mount at all up there. The poly just does not return to its original shape once deformed.
Yes, we look at our options every year. The stock rubber mounts in a Honda mount is around 70-74A. It is the voids in the mounts and the fluid reservoirs that make them so compliant. To make a solid rubber mount would result in a approximately 72A mount so why bother when urethane is cheaper, just as durable and easier to work with. Most large rubber bushings are made for industrial applications and are very stiff. Custom soft rubber bushings aren't very durable.

More to your point, we just aren't having the same issue as our competitor. Around 2004ish, a year after we made the switch from a red urethane to the black, we found a formula that was super stable. So you just don't hear the same stories about our 62A urethane. We rarely get returns for elongated holes, and people abuse our stuff for years with no problems. A more common problem was the lip tearing. We have made changes to the design that has reduced that problem greatly.

I just pulled my supercharged K24 out of my CRX and it had 4 year old 62A mounts. They still look good.

I'll try to find the rear mount for a picture. This car ran an 11.8 quarter mile time and was very fast on the road course. When I installed the new J35, I went with the 62A again.

brian g

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
I have the 62a's and I beat my car to death for a dd. I constantly take it to 8600 and shift hard from all gears both on the track and on the road. I checked mine approximately a month ago and they looked fine still. One reason I went with you guys (Hasport) over Innovative or another brand was that you guys have proven mounts that work in all applications (one of the view vendors who make swap mounts also) and the fact you guys were a local company to me. I am incredibly impressed and I constantly recommend my friends and other users to go Hasport as they won't be disappointed.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts