Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
The Wiper Delete Guy
1,880 Posts
Not Hasport's urethane. We have urethane as old as 11+ years in some customer's mounts.

Nothing at all. Right-hand mount with torque rod, rear torque rod and left-hand mount only. This is the image of the mounts from the parts catalog.

Glad to see they came around to our position.

brian g
Wouldn't running a motor with no front mount put a lot more stress on the other 3 mounts? I mean yeah since Honda went into production that way it must be ok but it still seems odd to me.

·
Official Voice of Hasport
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If you look at all the front mounts of all the Civic and Integra (including RSX) cars they all have a very flimsy front mount. If you support amy of the D, B or K-sereis engines with the side mounts only you will notice that the engine tips rearwards. 100% of the weight of the engine is supported by the left, right and rear mounts. The front mount is not there for support, it is there for limiting the travel of the engine.

The stock Honda mounts have a certain amount of compliance to isolate the vibrations from the driver. Because of the built in compliance the engine can move quite a bit, so the front mounts are designed to allow some movement but arrest it before it gets too great. In the 2012 Civic (and really the 2006 Civic), the rear mount is such that there isn't really enough movement to warrant a front mount. So Honda decided to save money and no longer include the front mount.

brian g

·
The Wiper Delete Guy
1,880 Posts
If you look at all the front mounts of all the Civic and Integra (including RSX) cars they all have a very flimsy front mount. If you support amy of the D, B or K-sereis engines with the side mounts only you will notice that the engine tips rearwards. 100% of the weight of the engine is supported by the left, right and rear mounts. The front mount is not there for support, it is there for limiting the travel of the engine.

The stock Honda mounts have a certain amount of compliance to isolate the vibrations from the driver. Because of the built in compliance the engine can move quite a bit, so the front mounts are designed to allow some movement but arrest it before it gets too great. In the 2012 Civic (and really the 2006 Civic), the rear mount is such that there isn't really enough movement to warrant a front mount. So Honda decided to save money and no longer include the front mount.

brian g
Great info, thanks!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
i installed all three 70a mounts and on the rear im getting some massive vibration while under throttle. It feels like there's something hitting up against each other. Is this normal or is there something up with my car. Im all stock except a competition stage 4(going turbo).

·
YOSOLO Tuned.
1,504 Posts
Brian: You guys should consider redesigning the passenger side mount like the one found from Avid:
I doubt Hasport would steal someone else design. However, I'm curious to know, assuming you own these mounts on a DC5 chassis, whats the difference between the two designs and what benefits have you noticed? Because from what I've heard, it's just a marketing gimmick.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I doubt Hasport would steal someone else design. However, I'm curious to know, assuming you own these mounts on a DC5 chassis, whats the difference between the two designs and what benefits have you noticed? Because from what I've heard, it's just a marketing gimmick.
that design from avid looks pretty weak. (flimsy, and not to mention google flagged them for malicious software.. haha)

I have the 3 Hasport mounts available and was 100% satisfied with fit/design/functionality. The passenger mount looks much hotter than that too.... but im a hasport fanboy... whaddaya going to do.

BLING!!

·
Special k
39 Posts
not hating on hasport or 62a but i have 85a in all 4 mounts from innovative and they are not bad you can feel it alitte but its fine just to add that to all this

·
DC5 Owner
477 Posts
Stock is fine. If you need more control, up the rear durometer. If you still need more, up the sides.

brian g
well i have the basics in my 05 type-s header, cutback and intake. i plan on driving to my next base 1400 miles away and i don't wanna ruin my header so u think the 62a would be good enough for me? i do plan to possibly put kpro in and supercharge though

·
Roob =)
454 Posts
the point in all this is to have the motor be as still as possible correct?
i want to upgrade from stock mounts and want to do it right the first time. i can take a little vibration if it means im getting better performance....:weeeeeeeeee:

·
i-vtec 4 fun
686 Posts
im having problems with my passenger hasport mount. the peice that goes on top and connects the motor to the mount is at too much of an angle. if i lifted it some and then rotated it to fit, that piece doesnt sit flush on the mount anymore. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I'm waiting for mine , I hope I get it next week .

·
Official Voice of Hasport
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Can you post a picture here, or send me an email with a picture?
[email protected]

It sounds like it's just twisted. You might try loosening the bottom bolt on the mount itself and twisting the post to align properly. Then retighten the bottom bolt.

brian g

·
i-vtec 4 fun
686 Posts
yea if i could just twist it it would fit perfect. i tried to loosen the bolt and twisting it but i couldnt do it, but then again i didnt wanna try to force it at the same time. ill try that again later after work. heres the pics though

41 - 60 of 93 Posts