Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
0 Posts
It looks to me like the metal sleeve inside the busing bushing was improperly clocked during assembly. I would put that thing in a bench vise, tighten down the connecting arm, and lever it into the correct position. Take no time at all.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Great info in this thread! Thanks Hasport!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Any idea on when Hasport will make an Auto dc5/rsx mount kit?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just Inserts?

Other than the right side, is it possible for Hasport to just supply inserts for the stock mounts? I don't care about the bling of billet aluminum, but saving money is always welcome!

·
Registered
71 Posts
hey brian,

for someone at stock power who doesn't abuse their car, but just wants an OEM quality part that will help with engine and transmission movement for more precise shifting and power delivery, what subset of your 62A mounts would you recommend?

thanks!!

·
Registered
61,559 Posts
Other than the right side, is it possible for Hasport to just supply inserts for the stock mounts? I don't care about the bling of billet aluminum, but saving money is always welcome!
hey brian,

for someone at stock power who doesn't abuse their car, but just wants an OEM quality part that will help with engine and transmission movement for more precise shifting and power delivery, what subset of your 62A mounts would you recommend?

thanks!!
Get esmm

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
i want slightly stiffer OEM quality mounts, not to jam poly inserts into the otherwise well designed OEM mount.
Just buy OEM ones again, the rubber will be stiffer being brand new than whatever mileage you currently have on your original ones...

·
Official Voice of Hasport
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
hey brian,

thanks!!
Just replacing the rear with the Hasport mount will dramatically reduce engine movement with only a slight increase in cabin noise. Wheel hop will be reduced and engine rocking at low rpm (first gear low speed parking lot cruising) will also be reduced.

Our inserts won't fit the stock mount.

brian g

·
Official Voice of Hasport
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

·
Registered
264 Posts
I need help asap, I bought the hasport 62a motor mounts I am installing the Driver side mount right now and I have a a couple questions. Did anyone have to force the mount in and how the hell did you get the lower bolt in that is closest to the driver? Here is a picture

litterally no room to work

·
Registered
264 Posts
fixed i think i put a link to it, in my album, first pic is the same except with no mount in

i am mechanically handicaped or something started putting in driver side mount about 3 hours ago

61 - 80 of 93 Posts