Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Installed mount finally took 5 hours to install driver side mount, going to do passenger tomorow and rear if I have time. It was much easier to remove the bracket connected to the trans and i took out the long mounting point for the stock airbox

·
Registered
264 Posts
What bolts are you suppose to use on the passenger side mount?
I used the 3 Bigger ones on my Driver side and I am assuming the 3 smaller ones are fro the rear mount. So you are only suppose to use the last bigger 1 on the passenger and reuse 2 of the stock ones? I am asking because it seems the stock ones will barely thread into the frame.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got finished installing these and I had to go buy 3 bolts for the passenger mount. The stock ones are too short. Don't understand why I was short 3 bolts.
Also I had the same problems with the driver side mount. I ended up putting the shorter stock one in temporarily.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just got finished installing these and I had to go buy 3 bolts for the passenger mount. The stock ones are too short. Don't understand why I was short 3 bolts.
Also I had the same problems with the driver side mount. I ended up putting the shorter stock one in temporarily.

You are suppose to use 3 of the bigger bolts for the Driver Side mount, 3 Of the smaller bolts on the passenger side mount to secure it to the frame and the last bigger one goes into the passenger mount to connect it to the engine. Then you use your stock bolts on the rear mount, it is a pain in the ass to get in but it will work. How long did it take you to install yours, It took me 12 hours lol...

·
Registered
31 Posts
You are suppose to use 3 of the bigger bolts for the Driver Side mount, 3 Of the smaller bolts on the passenger side mount to secure it to the frame and the last bigger one goes into the passenger mount to connect it to the engine. Then you use your stock bolts on the rear mount, it is a pain in the ass to get in but it will work. How long did it take you to install yours, It took me 12 hours lol...
It took me about 6 hours, I think if I had to do it again I could do it in half the time. I put the rear in first. I didn't realize the stock bolts would work and didn't notice there weren't enough bolts to replace them all until the last mount. Good thing I live close to O'Reillys. I do have one hell of a vibration at idle and low throttle. I'm going back through everything tomorrow to make sure everything is tight. I've had these mounts for 6 months and I can't remember if they are 62a or 70a lol. Finally had time to put them on today.

·
Banned
526 Posts
back from the dead i know....but hasport is the shit!!! these 88as feel like race car stuff and vibrate the shit out of my car. ordering 70a replacements for the two side mounts today lmao but damn quality craftmanship and performance is great

·
33 Posts
Thank god I did some research before buying my first set of motor mounts. Hasport it is getting the 62A as well. :fistbump:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have hasport 70a all the way around except the from witch is the invt 70a front. The hasport mounts are by far the best looking and best quility can see that they where made from a solid block of aluminum. Cleans up nice with sum windex. Have had them for over 2 yrs now and not one prob. Minimal vibs but very firm. No wheel hop at all none. Engine is in its place and dosent move. Befor with stock mounts movent was crazy, it banged my header againt the front sway bar all the time. Felt like the engine wanted to just fall out.
How's the mounts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Why can't you fill the original with urethane chalking? Seems to prolong the life of the rubber mounts?

81 - 93 of 93 Posts