Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an in-car footage of a friend's DC5R (not Franz and Unamed_Warrior) at Cadwell Park circuit couple of days ago.
Cadwell Park 17th May

This is another in-car video of another friend taking it to the max on an airfield
Max out at Bruntingthorpe

External view: Drive by

(Please right click and save as!)

·
Banned
7,769 Posts
HAHA, he kept steering into the turn even though the next turn was right there...the girl must have distracted him. :spin:

·
Banned
7,769 Posts
He continued to steer right when he needed to get the cars weight transfered the othe way. It looks like he may have also lifted the throttle. And he starts to correct way too late.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Josh said:
He continued to steer right when he needed to get the cars weight transfered the othe way. It looks like he may have also lifted the throttle. And he starts to correct way too late.
exactly what I was going to say.

I think he also came into the corner a little too hot.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
black dc5 said:
I'm trying to understand what happened on that spinout. Was it simply because he turned the wheel even more when it was already understeering? Aside from being too fast for the corner?
he was actually oversteering, and countersteered too late.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
black dc5 said:
Well, he understeered and so turned the wheel more, or possibly hit the brakes as well as turning the wheel thus causing him to oversteer? I'm just trying to understand the dynamics of how it happened since I've never oversteered like that or lost control that quickly. Understeer on the other hand, I think we've all experienced more than we'd have wanted.
I think he came in too hot, experienced a very little bit of understeer. Then because he was coming in to fast probably carried the brakes in a little farther which caused the rear end to come around. Also, he waited way too long to countersteer.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked like he entered the corner too fast and 'lift off'. He was gaining some experiance with his car in peperation for the Nurburgring in a couple of weeks time. Hopefully I can get hold of the footage as well.

Here is a longer in-car footage www.auag15.dsl.pipex.com/1/Incar2.wmv

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
thanks for more videos.

keep them comming

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered