Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Catch me if you can..
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Comptech Auto Tension

Today I have installed the Comptech auto Tensioner, It had really good quality, I have to say that the JRSC Rsx kit has 85% good quality and Comptech has 95% quality, you get what you pay for.

·
Hawks
5,634 Posts
im sorrry but why the hell did u get rid of that k swapped hatch??? that shit is nice i remmeber seeing that pic a while back. nice cars.

that interior is sick.

if only honda would release all there good cars to the united states then maybe they would get a little bit more respect.

·
Catch me if you can..
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
I sold the hatch because I got an offer I couldn´t resist and I wanted to buy this Accord Type S. This isn´t a JDM Euro R, I just want to build it as a "Replica" of an Euro R. Here in europe we only got 190hp K24 in the CL9, so this time it is you guys that shall be lucky.

I got some measurements on how much space I have to build my Aftercooler with my five Laminovas, and for the Twinscrew I have about 55-60mm, and for the Eaton I have 45mm. Here some pics:

And the Eaton m62 charger:

·
Catch me if you can..
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
its for the front motor mount, please dont ask me what it do, I dont have a clue..

Here´s how Im gonna build the Aftercooler:

·
The GREG
5,001 Posts
its for the front motor mount, please dont ask me what it do, I dont have a clue..

Here´s how Im gonna build the Aftercooler:

I found it....Its for the mounts....

Two mounts are placed below the TSX engine's center of gravity that attach the engine to the front subframe which itself is isolated from the car's body by bolted rubber mounts. The forward-most of these two "center of gravity" engine mounts is an electronically controlled hydraulic unit with variable dual-mode stiffness. It switches between a setting optimized for damping vibration at idle, and another firmer setting for higher speeds and rougher roads. The rear most of the center of gravity mounts is a non-adjusting hydraulic unit.

To keep the engine properly positioned during severe maneuvering, another electronically controlled dual-mode mount is placed high on the right side of the engine to tie it to the body structure. Finally, to carry the weight of the transmission and limit powertrain movement, a series of three mounts position the transmission.

How will you fit the air slots inbetween each core? I know ideally they are to use those like your past project :D

·
Catch me if you can..
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Im not going to use any airslots on this build. Im gonna mount the laminovas so close that they will almost touch eachother. I´ll try to use 5laminovas in 2rows but letting the air choose is path freely. There will not be so much psi dropping with this design. This is gonna be a better version of the LHT manifold with 2laminovas.

·
Catch me if you can..
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The thing with the 2089 is that is just sitting in my garage, but its kinda small for my needs, whatever a m62 can do, the 2089 can do 20hp better.
The five laminovas is good for 600-700hp, My goal is 450-500hp. So its possible a whipple 1600ax can do it, or maybe its on its edge. What do you think? is 450whp possible with the whipple?

I hate saying this, but I want to see dynos with the JRSC with Aftercooler tuned to the max. 11-13psi with cooler, IPS cams and a really good tuner.

And I want to see Dynos with the Whipple and a aftercooler with 18-20psi and a good tune.
After that Im gonna decide which route Im gonna go.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts