Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Some technical help please...

Tags
technical
423 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  K20ADC5R 
#1 ·
OK, well my engine is all back together after a lengthy 7 month span of 2 rebuilds all covered under warranty. I will be selling my IPS cams, as Honda did not reinstall them on the 2nd rebuild, instead they are supplying new ITR bumpsticks. They are worried about the aftermarket aspect even though they installed them for me on the 1st rebuild.

Anyways that is all off topic from what I want to ask. Now that I have KPro, I will be utilizing the K20A2 kal mapped for the ITR cams. My question is, since I have an actual K20A and my compression is a bit higher normally and I have a Mugen headgasket to bump it even a bit more, should I, if I understand this right, be retarding the ignition timing from the basemap settings across all of the cam profiles? Also take into account that the gas here in Japan is about 96octane. Here is my dilemna, I don't have any dyno to tune on and will be relying on my ass driving around on the streets. I know also with my mods, the program is still not going to be just, as I have a GruppeM intake and my exmani is a Toda. Any help somebody can provide will be much appreciated. And by chance any of you who are running an actual K20A with a Toda mani and have a nice tuned kal, would you be so kind as to send it my way.

Thanks again in advance,
Chris

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.