Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
408 and 831
647 Posts
nah sorry, i highly doubt its totaled. it usually has to be near undrivable to be considered totaled. just seems like the lower control arms and some body work thats all

Reactions: YoDude

·
Certified Increadible
2,459 Posts
all the body parts can be r&r they will be fine, definitly not totalled, my moms car was hit like that and it was about $4500 worth of damage, but its an eclipse so i dont know if thats relevant

·
Tastes Like Chikin
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im pretty sure i do, Apparently mercury doesnt allow accidents on weekends. My policy says unisured bodily 25k, and max uninsured prop so im hoping the max means that I have coverage.

·
Low Flying Whore Ron
1,001,869 Posts
I'm assuming you have uninsured stacking coverage?

If you have that, your insurance will pay to have your car fixed and all you have to do is pay the dedutible at the body shop before you pick up the car.
If you have uninsured motorist coverage or if the other person is at fault there is no deductible.

Reactions: YoDude

·
Social Distortion fan....
2,920 Posts
If you have uninsured motorist coverage or if the other person is at fault there is no deductible.
If the other guy is at fault AND he has insurance, then there would be no deductible paid by the person who got hit.

If you got hit and the other guy doesn't have insurance, you're gonna have to go thru your insurance to get your car fixed and you'd have to pay your own deductible.

And in that case, your insurance would bill the guilty party for the damages and also to get you your deductible money back.

But if a person hit you and they didn't have insurance, do you really expect to get your deductible back?

·
9k FTW
3,196 Posts
what are your insurance laws like where you live? if so take him for everything he's worth since he's liable. He's stupid enough to drink and drive and hit your car, so take everything he's got

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.