Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Yesterday I walked back to my car and found a long deep scratch on my hood, and a little to the fender as well.

I don't know for sure where it happened but I'm suspecting finch station parking lot or commerce gate. I'm leaning towards commerce gate more but I was only there for 15 minutes so someone must have acted fast lol.

:crying:

Ok I doubt anyone cares, /endthread

·
dbl-O
5,500 Posts
looks like you added a clear bra, just neatly complete the line...

·
bɹo˙ʎʇɹɐduoɯ&#4
10,428 Posts
The scratch was deep down though, that can't be fixed with detailing methods can it?
Get touch up paint in pen form

And you're right, I don't think anyone really cares.

/thread

·
Sexy hand crew
2,677 Posts
dammn...that sucks.. some people are assholes

·
slow af
1,011 Posts
someone keyed my hatch like this awhile ago right under the emblem. i just got one of thos touch up paint pens and filled it in. its ok but better than a silver metal color scratch.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
depends. If it hits the actual silver paint than no it can't be fixed. If it's the clear coat, yes it can be fixed. How much clearcoat you willing to give up?

Yeah it was pretty deep and the scratch is "silver", as in you can actually see silver from it.

Dunno why it was done to me, but everyone should be aware of finch station parking lot and commerce gate even though to some people (like me), parking at those places can't be avoided.

Time to sell
FS> pwp hood needs repaint

·
I make dyslexia sexy
293 Posts
You can try using a paint pen and then buffing the paint around 1-2 hours later (when the paint is almost 100% dry). This has worked in the past, but the touch up paint might go a bit lighter when it's buffed.

Silver is the WORST colour to try and paint or touch up. When the most light silver colours are being sprayed, it's crucial an even coat is applied. The lighter the coat, the lighter the color. Heavier, darker.

It can take a bit of messing around to get the results you're looking for.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts