Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my dash lights shut off on me on my way back home form school. so i looked at the fuse and it blew so i replaced it and turn the light on to see if the loights woudl come on and they did for about 3 seconds then shut off again im thiking i have a short i just dont know where to look can anyone help me out!? the lights im talkin bout are the speedo tach ac/ heat etc.. the only light i have is my clock on the bose radio... wtf!!!??

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
dash lights

Your talking about the illumination lights I take it . Do you have any park lights ?Or are they out as well ? Did you replace any bulbs lately? (brake light bulb etc.)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya all the illuination lightrs are out and when i replace the fuse it goes out again in like 3 seconds.. i replaced my headlight bulbs like a month or so ago... i have all my other lights just not the dash lights

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
so the park lights are ok ? Hmmmm. Anything else that you might have changed ?Added illumination lights in car ? Just cluster illumination ? or all dash lights power outlet illum / cruise/ roof illum radio illum etc.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the park lights are ok ? Hmmmm. Anything else that you might have changed ?Added illumination lights in car ? Just cluster illumination ? or all dash lights power outlet illum / cruise/ roof illum radio illum etc.
ya all my dash lights are out the only thing that works is the clock on the bose radiooo

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
Did some looking at wire diagrams , power for dash lights comes from tail light relay. You can unplug relay and check the red with black tracer wire , see (with multimeter ohms setting) to see if that wire is getting continuity to ground . We'll assume that the circuit has a short to ground somewhere , due to the fact that it's taking out fuses. Checking this wire may cut down on the amount of wires you have to trace to fine short. As it looks as though it goes from relay to dash lights.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
I had the same problem but I found the fuse and replaced it and it works, didn't short out again. It shorted on the day I put my HID's in, don't know if that caused it or was pure coincidence. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.