Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
No Boost
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just installed my pioneer avh-p4000dvd today and everything went together fine and its all hooked up correctly but for some reason when I listen to the radio all I can hear is static but the dvd/cd/ipod sounds crystal clear. I did not have this problem with my last headunit I had put in. Can someone please tell me what I can do to fix this problem or what might be causing this issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
700 Posts
:iamwiths:

Thats about the only common thing that would cause the issue you describe.

The only 2 other things that could cause this that I can think of are:

*- an antenna problem - which is unlikely since you probably just swapped radios

*- solder connection on the PCB of the radio has been broken - which is HIGHLY unlikely

·
No Boost
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i connected the antenna, I double checked cause I thought thats what was wrong but its not. I asked one of the guys at best buy and he said something about a tuner box wire or turn on switch that might not be hooked up right but I have no idea what he is talking about. The unit never came with any kinda tuner box and my radio was working fine. Like you said I did do was switch radios.

·
From B to K
670 Posts
Did you try different stations? Maybe you don't get that frequency at your current location.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts