Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
i can haz chzbrgr?
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so driving through the backroads to get home i need really good light output and these headlights i currently have arent so great.

i was wondering doing a HID retrofit. ive been on teamintegra.com and only tells you how to do it. i was wondering where i would get the things needed and how much it might cost.

ive decided i eventually want the jdm front but thats not going to be anytime soon. so HIDs in the usdm lights is what i want to do right now. anyone know how much i might spend? the head lights i currently have now are shit so im thinking of buying new ones then fitting it.

ive also checked craigslist and nothing so far.

maybe someone on here is parting out a set of already retrofitted HIDs for a 98-01 teggie? :pray:

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
check out VVME.com

all you need is a HID kit. You don't need to retrofit anything.

VVME is a good company, a little less known than others (Xenon Depot, for example) but I had their product for about 2 years with no complaints, and a few other RSX owners have too.

I haven't checked lately but they usually sell an entire kit for ~$70 shipped.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
I dont know what the dual is, so i'd assume single.

You only want them for your low-beams right? I'd guess dual means low-beams and hi-beams? :dontknow:

·
i can haz chzbrgr?
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Go retrofit, you wont regret it. I have tsx retros on mine and its great nothing beats oem hid's. The plug and play is no where near as good as retrofits.
how much did you spend on the tsx retro? im trying to find a set but no one seems to be parting out tsx'x. :thumbsdow

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts

·
i can haz chzbrgr?
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i guess i went the cheap route and bought it for 151 and some change shipped priority!!

Digital HID Kit 6000k 55w 9006s

hmmm... now im going to need to restore my headlights. anyone have a link with pix or something?

or better yet a virtual haynes manual?

·
No More Project Car Hell
28,172 Posts
i guess i went the cheap route and bought it for 151 and some change shipped priority!!

hmmm... now im going to need to restore my headlights. anyone have a link with pix or something?

you can try this: http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=662 it helped a bit for me... going from a s2000 back to an Integra I couldn't be w/o HID's or clear projectors... makes a world of difference.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts

Nice.

Also try Meguiars PlastX. If your headlights are real bad try sanding/wetsanding some. I'm going to try that on mine soon.

·
i can haz chzbrgr?
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you can try this: http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=662 it helped a bit for me... going from a s2000 back to an Integra I couldn't be w/o HID's or clear projectors... makes a world of difference.
what do you mean it only helped a bit? how long until it hazed over again?

Nice.

Also try Meguiars PlastX. If your headlights are real bad try sanding/wetsanding some. I'm going to try that on mine soon.
yeah a buddy tried that stuff on his celica and made it look brand new.

my other problem is that water is getting into the head lights, well not alot but you see water drops inside the assembly. :run: i think that calls for a take off bumper and reseal the sumbish. :(

·
i can haz chzbrgr?
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh ok. did you try to redo it to get the rest out? mines are pretty bad. and i dont know if the inside of the lense are hazed too. gotta check it out when i go to my car again.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
I'm going to be sanding my headlights down and using a few chemicals i have, i'll take some pictures for you if you haven't done it by then... should be doing it maybe next week or so.

·
i can haz chzbrgr?
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
for those that installed HIDs whered you guys mont the ballast? i was looking around and couldnt find anywhere to mount it in the engine bay. i was hoping to not have to take my bumper off. but thats what it looks like. :(

also, how long is a job like this? how much time should i set aside?

update, i used plastX and it did the job.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.