Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Homer says....
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is looking to get a Ninja zx-6r as his first bike. He's never ridden a motorcycle before but is looking forward to taking the MSF course. He's a mature dude and I know he won't try anything stupid but I still suggested him starting off in a 500r, but he refuses because he just loves the looks of the zx-6r:shakehead

So who here bought a 600cc sport bike as their first bike ever? Any regrets?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
2 of my friends just got their first bikes.... both 600s

A yzf600r and a honda 599; both real nice bikes and relatively new... too nice for 19 year olds lol

8,021 Posts
:wavey:

I admit I had a couple scary and now funny moments when I was learning throttle control. That only lasted my first tank of gas. After that I was good

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
I started on an R6... two years later.. I just bought my R1 like four days ago.. as long as he's not a crazy fuck, he'll be alright.. I ate shit a few times on a few stunts, but luckily I made it out okay.. lol

·
Acura 3.2TL
3,836 Posts
A friend of mine is looking to get a Ninja zx-6r as his first bike. He's never ridden a motorcycle before but is looking forward to taking the MSF course. He's a mature dude and I know he won't try anything stupid but I still suggested him starting off in a 500r, but he refuses because he just loves the looks of the zx-6r:shakehead

So who here bought a 600cc sport bike as their first bike ever? Any regrets?
Mature or not...a 600 can kill you if you don't know what your doing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i'm intending on buying a new hayabusa... Brand new rider....

LOL I'm scared...

Honestly i'm looking at a cbr600rr. Alot of people have different opinions on what bike to get.

I'm a guy that suffers "upgrade syndrome". That is why i'm looking at the cbr. I haven't read any bad things about it, so i figure i'm gonna go with it. And i intend on taking it slow until i'm use to it. I am currently signed up for MSF course, and they have an advanced one, i intend on taking it next year.

I'm also 28 and i have a head on my shoulders that tells me do not try to stunt for awhile or even at all.

I think the zx-6r has 110+ hp. Same with the cbr. I 've been reading that you have to give the cbr alot of gas to get it to start ripping up the pavement, just like my rsx. Yes i know that motorcycle and cars are totally different.

Think about how much power this is. If you slip and grab the throttle too much your going to go down. Watch alot of videos on the net of people fucking up. Doesn't look like too much fun eating pavement.

Another reason why i'm looking at new is because the used prices in canada are so much more than the states, and i hate buying other peoples garbage.

Stay safe fuckers!

8,021 Posts
i'm intending on buying a new hayabusa... Brand new rider....

LOL I'm scared...

Honestly i'm looking at a cbr600rr. Alot of people have different opinions on what bike to get.

I'm a guy that suffers "upgrade syndrome". That is why i'm looking at the cbr. I haven't read any bad things about it, so i figure i'm gonna go with it. And i intend on taking it slow until i'm use to it. I am currently signed up for MSF course, and they have an advanced one, i intend on taking it next year.

I'm also 28 and i have a head on my shoulders that tells me do not try to stunt for awhile or even at all.

I think the zx-6r has 110+ hp. Same with the cbr. I 've been reading that you have to give the cbr alot of gas to get it to start ripping up the pavement, just like my rsx. Yes i know that motorcycle and cars are totally different.

Think about how much power this is. If you slip and grab the throttle too much your going to go down. Watch alot of videos on the net of people fucking up. Doesn't look like too much fun eating pavement.

Another reason why i'm looking at new is because the used prices in canada are so much more than the states, and i hate buying other peoples garbage.

Stay safe fuckers!
for a new rider, you dont need a a lot of gas to get moving. Even a quarter throttle you'll be hanging on :run: I remember the first time I rode, I was going 8mph in a parking lot and it felt fast as hell lol

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not gonna go and rant about why it's better (better does not equate to safer, even though it is) to start smaller, I just came in to say stay safe if you do get a super sport for your first bike.
thanks.

I did think about starting small. But i don't feel like going and spending time on finding a 250cc, then money on a 250, new / used, then lose money for selling it, spending time on selling it, then researching another used bike, trying out 50 of them before finding a good one, then buy that, then lose more money etc...

My summer time is limited enough with the amount of snow we get around here so i want to maximize my time riding..

Please don't take it the wrong way, i do appreciate any comments.

I'm a pretty big guy, 6'2 230 pounds, and i'm not a fatty. Will the 250 even move me?? :laughing:

·
'89 'til INFINITY
3,510 Posts
thanks.

I did think about starting small. But i don't feel like going and spending time on finding a 250cc, then money on a 250, new / used, then lose money for selling it, spending time on selling it, then researching another used bike, trying out 50 of them before finding a good one, then buy that, then lose more money etc...

My summer time is limited enough with the amount of snow we get around here so i want to maximize my time riding..

Please don't take it the wrong way, i do appreciate any comments.

I'm a pretty big guy, 6'2 230 pounds, and i'm not a fatty. Will the 250 even move me?? :laughing:
Oh how you underestimate the Ninja 250. I've seen guys bigger than you get on a 250 and it will still move. Although for better riding you might want to change out the shocks and springs, but those are easy and cheap, just swap them out with the EX500.

Ninja 250s, hold their value well. You can probably sell at the price you bought it for as long as it's still in the same condition, and you can find a buyer within days, if not hours.

But if you still look down on the 250, check out it's 500 brethren, a little bit bigger, better for the highway, and slightly faster.

I throw this around alot, but check this out, a Hayabusa rider's review on the 250: http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1145

Don't underestimate the lil bugger or you'll be in for a suprise when you are unable to keep up with one in the twisties (given an experienced rider of course). It goes along with the saying, "Do you want to ride a slow bike fast or a fast bike slow?" or "Do you want to RIDE your bike or just drive your bike?" Me? I want to take this bike to it's limits and I am nowhere close to that. I'm thinking about maybe a couple more months and I'll take it to the track. You might hear a lot of people saying you'll outgrow the bike, but that term is relative. I think it will be awhile before I'll outgrow mine. You might want more performance, but the 250 can take everything you throw at it.

I'm learning alot on my 250 as well, I've wrecked, I've had oh shit moments, and it still runs strong. I love the thing to death! I will probably keep it even after I upgrade.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh how you underestimate the Ninja 250. I've seen guys bigger than you get on a 250 and it will still move. Although for better riding you might want to change out the shocks and springs, but those are easy and cheap, just swap them out with the EX500.

Ninja 250s, hold their value well. You can probably sell at the price you bought it for as long as it's still in the same condition, and you can find a buyer within days, if not hours.

But if you still look down on the 250, check out it's 500 brethren, a little bit bigger, better for the highway, and slightly faster.

I throw this around alot, but check this out, a Hayabusa rider's review on the 250: http://www.pashnit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1145

Don't underestimate the lil bugger or you'll be in for a suprise when you are unable to keep up with one in the twisties (given an experienced rider of course). It goes along with the saying, "Do you want to ride a slow bike fast or a fast bike slow?" or "Do you want to RIDE your bike or just drive your bike?" Me? I want to take this bike to it's limits and I am nowhere close to that. I'm thinking about maybe a couple more months and I'll take it to the track. You might hear a lot of people saying you'll outgrow the bike, but that term is relative. I think it will be awhile before I'll outgrow mine. You might want more performance, but the 250 can take everything you throw at it.

I'm learning alot on my 250 as well, I've wrecked, I've had oh shit moments, and it still runs strong. I love the thing to death! I will probably keep it even after I upgrade.

taken from that website
I don't think a man should ride around too much on on a little yellow motorcycle named Daisy. It would probably suck the strength right out of him.
Kind of like when Superman hangs out around kryptonite too long. I had a similar experience in a potpourri store. It was awful. My insurance company wouldn't pay for the ambulance ride and they made me pay for the candle display I knocked over while staggering out of the store.

That's pure testosterone speaking LOL.

thanks for that man..

1 - 20 of 67 Posts