Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Z Driver
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question, which company of seats do people prefer more?

I know sparco makes more than seats, but just focus on the seats for the moment. we can have a sparco vs momo thread elsewhere.

Torinos are nicer reclinables than the SRDs (think that's the name) but Pole Position's are awesome so I love Recaro right now.

·
Korican
125 Posts
I like Sparco designs better, but if someone gave me like free seats. As long as they match my car, and give good support. Then I woudn't care.

·
baby buffett
4,805 Posts
I like the look of the sparco torinos in the black and grey. They match the exterior of my car, plus ther recline nicely.

·
parts selling freak
588 Posts
i got a set of sparco milano's. i had to make the same decision between recaro and sparco. the reason i went with the milanos is they are a little bit larger than the reacos srd's. plus i love the suede like matirel. im a big guy and they fit me pretty good. to be honest i loved the factory seats just not the leather. if i wanted to save money i would keep the factory seats and get them recovered with which ever fabric you like the best, which i would select the alacantara (sp) which is what the milanos are covered in.....

·
parts selling freak
588 Posts
you mention grippy, i cant tell you how "grippy" the material is on my milano's!!!!!!! its crazy,, i have to almost sit straight down in the seat without turning around, youll get use to it though..

·
Z Driver
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I realize that a lot of other companies make seats. Bride, Zeal, Corbeau, Cobra, Polk-Momo, the list goes on. These are the two big boys though.

BN, recaro does design a lot of stock seats, but I don't think the US model got a piece of that action. The ITR has SRD's stock, as does the EVO, and they recently started putting special edition recaros into the Jaguar S-Type S and XKG R. I know they had recaros on older VW Gti's also, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

·
16,924 Posts
PurelySwift - The RSX seats are designed by Recaro but built by Acura or something vs. the ITR which gets the Recaro desgined AND made seats.
The RSX also gets a Momo designed steering wheel, they get a designed and built onbe by Momo.
At least our rims are designed AND made by Enkei.

·
you will bow to me
2,666 Posts
I have the black/grey torinos and they match the black interior nicely, in fact they would look like they came from the factory except that they say sparco and that I still have the stock leather on the back seats. The torinos do not feel cheap at all, and they have shown no wear after a year and a half.
Both are good seats -- Say no to assdent!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.