Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and bit and couldn't find much opinions on this.

I've got a pretty heavily modded engine now, do you guys think I should upgrade to some better spark plugs? You can see all my mods in my sig.

I was thinking about upgrading to some Denso Iridium IK22 plugs found here:

http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_app.asp?productTypeID=1&AAIA=1379022

I understand the stock plugs are pretty good, but I want to make sure I get a good spark in there. That way all the air and fuel gets burned. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
No more mods for you until I am done!

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigDawg said:
No more mods for you until I am done!
heheh, too late, i ordered some header heat wrap :laughing:

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
What kind? I thought about that. Was it Thermo-tec?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigDawg said:
What kind? I thought about that. Was it Thermo-tec?
they are made by DEI, I got one wrap of 1inch x 50feet. I'm gonna wrap my JDM header in it.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Do you notice it getting hot?

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BigDawg said:
Do you notice it getting hot?
yeah the stock heatshield doesn't fit on the jdm header, so I want to rap it with something to help underhood temps, and retain exhaust velocity.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Before you wrap the header, I would use some rubbing alcohol and wipe down the header. Only do one runner at a time and wear some rubber gloves. You don't want any moisture or fingerprints, grease, jizz, etc... Clean it real well, to prevent rusting and possible cracks from temp variants.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TypeSC said:
Before you wrap the header, I would use some rubbing alcohol and wipe down the header. Only do one runner at a time and wear some rubber gloves. You don't want any moisture or fingerprints, grease, jizz, etc... Clean it real well, to prevent rusting and possible cracks from temp variants.
yeah well its too late for my car, but we can still do it for BigDawg's.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rsxmachine said:
somebody I forget who, got better dyno results with the NGK iridiums vs. the more expensive Densos.
hmm I'll have to search some more. I'm mainly looking for a clean spark over my stock plugs that will provide efficent burning all the time and run well for a heavily modified engine.

·
Jurassic Member
4,023 Posts
Modded

I think you'll be fine with stock. I guess I would be extremely modded and mine still work great. I even just went up to about 20 whp with my new mods to about 225 whp. So you I unless you feel like wasting money keep the stock.

If you don't send me you old plugs I can use them in my new FI motor I am building.

:driving:

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
I think if you're planning to upgrade your spark plugs you might want to look into spark distribution. So maybe those plugs you're considering, nology hotwires, and a MSD system or something. Don't listen to me though, I'm just trying to act smart :) Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts