Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of this? When I'm stopped I'll start off in first and when I engage the clutch it sqeaks a little bit (no its not the clutch pedal or anything). The sqeak comes from the tranny area obviously. Anyone have any idea what this might be? Is the clutch going bye bye or what?

2005 Type-S w/ 11,000kms. I have never burnt the clutch or done any serious racing with it. The clutch should not be screwed. I've also been hearing a growl when I would engage the clutch between gears (at any speed). I've had Acura look at this but they figured it was a "vehicle characteristic". Whatever. The car still drives just fine and is as fast as ever, it's just very annoying and I'm very picky.

My mods are INJEN CAI, JRRH, Hondata IMG.

·
2 SOON JR
817 Posts
listen to what it says if it's speaking to you hehe... just messin' with ya

you ought to get the clutch master cylinder replaced... i had the same problem with my EP3 and I know the clutch assembly is very similiar if not the same. My buddy who has an RSX-S has the same problem as you and when he demonstrated it to me, it was the exact same squeak I had. Ever since I got mine replaced, I haven't had a problem with squeaking. It was actually posted as a technical service bulletin at Honda.... maybe it'll be covered for free for you? Hope that helps.

EDIT: i apologize, i just read that you dont think it's the pedal... ignore what I said but maybe that info will help someone else lol sorry.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Natural Frequency said:
my car doesnt speak :dontknow:
Lol, HAHA very funny. I meant SQUEAK. It might possibly be the exhaust bolts, I'll be checking the whole exhaust bolts from the header back when I put my EVO2 exhaust on tomorrow.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Si_FurY said:
listen to what it says if it's speaking to you hehe... just messin' with ya

you ought to get the clutch master cylinder replaced... i had the same problem with my EP3 and I know the clutch assembly is very similiar if not the same. My buddy who has an RSX-S has the same problem as you and when he demonstrated it to me, it was the exact same squeak I had. Ever since I got mine replaced, I haven't had a problem with squeaking. It was actually posted as a technical service bulletin at Honda.... maybe it'll be covered for free for you? Hope that helps.
For my integra, it was the clutch that made the sqeaky sound.

My dad went down and did something and the sqeuked just stopped. lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the "speak" is gone now that I've put the exhaust on. Or maybe I just can't hear it because the exhaust is touching the bottom of my car and is vibrating like a mofo. lol I'll have to adjust it with the test pipe tomorrow....

·
Registered
205 Posts
My CM clutch spoke to me last week. It said "bye bye". I'm hopin my new ACT clutch will have much better conversation. :laughing:

·
SRSXtec
59 Posts
My 02 Civic and the 02 RSX I am about to buy both squeak, there was a problem with the lubrication, just use some white litium grease on all the rubber pieces and that sould solve the problem.

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
I got that growl too. So does my boys 04 Type-S I think its just a design thing. I usually use it scare small children and the elderly away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.