Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just got my RSX on Saturday--Love it! Well, I'm at school most of the time where I live in student condos--this means no garage and full-time exposure to all the elements, including extreme heat and sun in the summer, to rain, snow, ice, et cetera in the winter. I've heard a lot of suggestions as far as waxing and protecting the car, but I was wondering if there's something else I could do given that my car sits outside all the time. Any ideas? I'd appreciate the help! Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
92 Posts
car care

If you keep it waxed regurlarly, maybe get it done once every three weeks or so, and try to park in shade. . .

Other than that, how about a car cover;)

I have one and it makes a big difference, dirt, dew and whatnot. .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Polymer Sealants

Hi There

If durability is a concern look into a Polymer Sealant. Polymer sealants are very popular for new vehicles or vehicles that may only receive occasional detail treatments. Polymer sealants are like a liquid carnauba wax, except that a polymer sealant is comprised of an open linked molecule. Carnauba wax molecules are closed linked, which means that they only but up together to protect the surface. The open linked polymer molecules form together to create a chain like effect. This chain like effect, allows the polymer sealant to bond better with the paint. Polymer sealants also have greater life expediency than a carnauba wax. A carnauba wax is expected to last approximately 6 to 8 car washes, opposed to about 26 washes with the use of a polymer sealant. Be expected to sacrifice a small amount of paint depth for increased durability. For application tips look at the following link: http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/?page=sealants

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions Arctic-S and Goodspeed. Unfortunately, it is impossible for me to park in the shade, but I'll definately keep up on the waxing and look into the sealant. :D

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I use LiquidGlass (www.liquidglass.com) It's a polymer sealant and works wonders on your paint. Super smooth finish and for dark colored cars, a great mirror finish. My black car was a mirror after. I could never take a picture without all of the reflections on it. (hehe)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts