Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dead again.
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at the A'PEXi rev/speed meter and I think it looks really cool, I would love that atop the dash. Anyways is there any competition to this unit? Where would I go to install it?

Few more questions - I see they also sell a number of fuel controllers or vtec fuel controllers... do you guys think they will come out with something for the iVtec system too eventually? I'm a little interested in all this since I hadn't noticed it before.

Edit - this post has been edited to get rid of some stupid questions.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Choser said:
I was looking at the A'PEXi rev/speed meter and I think it looks really cool, I would love that atop the dash. Anyways is there any competition to this unit? Where would I go to install it?

Few more questions - I noticed that they make some Guages as well, what does EGT mean? Engine... External... Temperature? I see they also sell a number of fuel controllers or vtec fuel controllers... do you guys think they will come out with something for the iVtec system too eventually? Im a little interested in all this since I hadn't noticed it before. Whats involved in getting one of those A pillar pods for guages?
EGT is exhaust gas temperature...i've installed the apexi rev/speed meter, s-afc controller, and the egt gauge...i have pics of them at http://briefcase.yahoo.com/nostradeimos

·
Dead again.
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah sorry. I have this bad habit of posting a post asking questions and then searching for it. Yeah I saw your post it looks cool. Does the V-AFC work with the RSX?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Choser said:
Oh yeah sorry. I have this bad habit of posting a post asking questions and then searching for it. Yeah I saw your post it looks cool. Does the V-AFC work with the RSX?
haha...it's kool...but the V-AFC doesn't work with the RSX...our ECUs are much more complicated than the past integra models...apexi MAY come out with a controller that controls our vtec, but i wouldn't know...hope i helped

·
Dead again.
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nifty to know. I wonder if anyone will come out with a readout computer that plugs into that terminal by the drivers feet. Acura uses that to monitor all sorts of things... I would love a little HUD that can cycle through various monitorings.

Oh one last thing, do you like your A'PEXi RSM? It looks awesome... a great little toy for the car. I used to big into boating actually, with my father. Every year a new gadget would be installed to the dash. But on boats the dash is HUGE and we had tons of stuff that monitored and controlled everything.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Choser said:
Oh one last thing, do you like your A'PEXi RSM? It looks awesome... a great little toy for the car. I used to big into boating actually, with my father. Every year a new gadget would be installed to the dash. But on boats the dash is HUGE and we had tons of stuff that monitored and controlled everything.
it's fun to mess with when i'm bored...whenever i line up at a stop light i get it ready to test my hp or 1/4mile...hehe...then i save it and watch a replay of the graph later...i see how many Gs i can pull at autocrosses...hehe...it's pretty kool...if i had to buy it again i would without a doubt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts