Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all! Speed Ventures is going to be at Buttonwillow on Friday, March 5th, 2004, and we'd like invite you to join us. Here's the info:

Base Price: Early Bird Discount: $140 (signups after Feb 24th will be $170)

Instruction:$30 per day instructor fee required for novices*

Duration: 1 day / 2+ hours of track time per group!**

Track: The full track at Buttonwillow Raceway - #13

Registration: Available online at https://www.speedventures.net/event_select.asp

Timing: There are currently transponders available for rental

Event Info:

At 3 miles, Buttonwillow is the longest and most technical track in the Los Angeles area. With twenty-three turns, three elevation changes, the banked "Riverside" sweeper, and a perfect drift over "Lost Hill" (AKA "Magic Mountain"), Buttonwillow offers both a unique learning environment, and a challenge to advanced drivers. This track is suitable for street cars, though we suggest that the Riverside turn should be approached at conservative speeds of 70-80 mph in cars without race rollover protection. The remainder of the turns on this track are moderate-speed (35 - 70mph). Turns have wide runoff areas, clear of major obstacles.

The configuration for this event will be the configuration that is chosen for OTC 04, #13 CCW.

There will be four run groups at this event, in an effort to keep traffic light. click here for the schedule.

This is a great deal at an excellent track. If you're interested or have any questions, please see our site for more information: https://www.speedventures.net/HOME.ASP

*Novices in this case are those who have not driven on a track before.

**Note - Details of this event are subject to change.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm already signed up. I was at your Buttonwillow event last November and SpeedVentures put on one of the best events I've been to. Well organized, lots of track time and Buttonwillow is a really fun and very safe track.

It would be great to see some other RSX's out there. Who else is going?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! Thanks for the compliments, glad you had a good time :)

Right now you're the only RSX, but there are 2 NSX's and a couple of Foci registered, which may be of interest to you :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
I know that most of you guys who do track events in SoCal go to Streets of Willow. I've run SOW and its a fun track, but Buttonwillow is just so much better. First off, SOW is mainly a 2nd and 3rd gear track. Buttonwillow is mainly 3rd and 4th gear with only one or two second gear turns depending on the configuration. Buttonwillow is a full 3 miles long with about twenty turns of every size and type and there are some fun elevation changes. Your skills will really improve there quickly. The gearing of our cars is perfect at Buttonwillow. At SOW, I often felt like 2nd gear was too low and 3rd too high in many turns. This is a great track for stretching the legs on your RSX. If you haven't been, do yourself a favor and sign up for this one. Its a fantastic track and SpeedVentures is a great group to be there with. Its a little further away, about two hours from downtown L.A., but well worth the drive. It would be fun to run with some other RSX's.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm signed up too! Buttonwillow is by FAR my favorite "local" track. The best of the big track at Willow Springs mixed in with the best of the Streets. And Speedventures always puts on an awesome event... Not too mention they have some seriously fast regulars that are just fun to watch.

Can't wait! :driving: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
i really want to do thing since i only got to do the east loop last time when i went
with STUSA

·
Registered
22 Posts
^^^

my friend wants me to go to sears point, but 300 bucks is a lot of $$$

1 - 8 of 8 Posts