Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Acura RSX Base Manual
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm Jake and this is my first ever post here. I've been lurking on this forum since I picked up my RSX in January of 2017 for advice and to learn more about my car. Since then, I've gone through plenty of fun and memorable times and gone to plenty of car shows while also going through plenty of heartbreak with my car (2 K20a3's with spun bearings). About 2 months ago I experienced my second K20a3 with a spun bearing in the middle of a road trip and after some thought I decided to figure out how to get my car 500 miles home to put a K24 into it.

Over the past 2 months I've learned much more than I ever thought I would on this forum and decided to make an account to join in and to try and keep track of all my modifications (it got complicated real fast haha). As of now my car has its' new K24a2 from a 2008 TSX that was totaled with 93,777 miles along with the original 194k base 5 speed transmission. The engine is stock internally except for a 45 degree VTC actuator from Drag Cartel. I hope to get my car running and off of jack stands in a couple of weeks here (of course K-Pro got delivered while I'm 1,000 miles from home) and get tuned shortly after.

If anyone is interested in an full mod list I can add that to this post or in the comments and I'm sure I still have much more to figure out before my project is "done". I've also included a photo of my car (when it was drivable) and some of my favorite photos I've taken during my swap. I'm also planning on doing a tear down on my old K20a3 to figure out why it spun a bearing so I can create a post somewhere on this forum if anyone is interested in the cause of my misery.

Feels good to finally call myself a member on here!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are your plans for the trans? Even with a k24a2 third gear in the base trans can be super annoying. I have a spare 6 speed that I'm having an 8th gen Si LSD installed into.
Keeping the 5 speed for now. It seems to be in excellent condition and there are now grinds which seems to be rare. Eventually I’d want to build my own custom gear (6 speed) set to suite whatever purpose that is at the time or maybe I’ll keep the 5 speed if I go turbo. As much as I’d love to upgrade the 5 speed now it just doesn’t make sense practically or financially :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: if anyone is interested she is now running and driving. Just have to get the last of the air out of the cooling system and get tuned now. If you ever spin a bearing on your base model would highly recommend going through the trouble to do this swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts