Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
one.4our.3hree
Joined
·
9,128 Posts
damn nice!!

in the last one tho it seems to have a slight rattle
 

·
Because Racecar
Joined
·
1,994 Posts
wow, that sounds fucking awesome!!!!! i really want one, how much do they run usually, ans where did you get yours?
 

·
Because Racecar
Joined
·
1,994 Posts
never mind, got the price.
 

·
for me to poop on!
Joined
·
1,603 Posts
Sounds amazing, but I only got audio. Is there a video stream for these too?

Did you guys every get the 1-piece Spoon DC5 header?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,529 Posts
wow that sounds pretty sick with that cat-back.

got any more specs on the cat-back?

it sounds pretty darn loud, although my car isn't any quieter :laughing:

I've got the JDM header with Spoon 2-1 downpipe and the Fujitsubo powergetter cat-back. It sounds very similar :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,016 Posts
ey does the spoon downpipe eliminate the cat??? also is the jdm header w/ spoon catback similar to a race header design??? (would it be worth it to even buy a race header or would just getting the downpipe be just about the same?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,529 Posts
freekboy said:
ey does the spoon downpipe eliminate the cat??? also is the jdm header w/ spoon catback similar to a race header design??? (would it be worth it to even buy a race header or would just getting the downpipe be just about the same?)
yeah it does, i thought i already answered that question for you in another thread? :laughing: If you already have the JDM 4-2 header just get yourself the spoon 2-1 downpipe with a good free flowing cat-back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,016 Posts
haha ok sry..yea i remember asking but i dont remember reading hte answer lol...but damn!!!! that car sounds NICE!!!!!!! like a motorcycle or something but like 10x better holy shit...i was thinking they all sounded the same but that sounds so good...is that sound mostly the catback or the header?!?!?? does ur car sound like that swifftty???

oh yea and sorry if i asked this already..does the spoon downpipe clear the type-s sway bar? (im guessing no..)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,529 Posts
freekboy said:
haha ok sry..yea i remember asking but i dont remember reading hte answer lol...but damn!!!! that car sounds NICE!!!!!!! like a motorcycle or something but like 10x better holy shit...i was thinking they all sounded the same but that sounds so good...is that sound mostly the catback or the header?!?!?? does ur car sound like that swifftty???

oh yea and sorry if i asked this already..does the spoon downpipe clear the type-s sway bar? (im guessing no..)
I think that sound is a combination of both, but it might be in alot of the catback. My car doesn't sound as gurgly (if thats a word) as that one, but it sure does sound very mean and similar!

you will need a aftermarket swaybar to clear any JDM header or downpipe.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
freekboy said:
ey does the spoon downpipe eliminate the cat??? also is the jdm header w/ spoon catback similar to a race header design??? (would it be worth it to even buy a race header or would just getting the downpipe be just about the same?)
if interested, i have a used jdm header and downpipe .

my catback was pretty loud before too, its resonator is pretty small. the header and downpipe did make it much more snarly and a lil louder at WOT.
 

·
Because Racecar
Joined
·
1,994 Posts
to clarify, is this a true 4-2-1 header (a one piece) or is this a 4-2, and a 2-1 put together (two piece)?
 

·
Because Racecar
Joined
·
1,994 Posts
once again i have found out my answer after i posted, the spoon header is a 2 piece, the 1 piece hasent been shipped over to the US yet and will be here in mid march. Also, have any dyno pulls been done on the spoon header yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,016 Posts
hondawerx said:
if interested, i have a used jdm header and downpipe .

my catback was pretty loud before too, its resonator is pretty small. the header and downpipe did make it much more snarly and a lil louder at WOT.
o..no its not that cuz i already have the jdm header and downpipe also...thats why i just wanted to know about hte downpipe but thx anyway :spin:
 
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Top