Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Because Racecar
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just received my Spoon throttle body which is bored to 70mm on the inlet and tapers down to 64mm on the outlet side. This is essentially a brand new throttle body with all sensors included. The only reason I got this was because it was the same price (roughly) as an OEM throttle body and I was in desperate need of an OEM TPS sensor...but being a Spoon part, it was already bored out and checked over so why not.

You will lose cruise control with this piece as it starts its life as a type r throttle body (which does not have cruise control). For me, this really doesn't matter, I have never really used cruise control anyways AND the car is soon to become a dedicated track car.

One more point of interest, the throttle cable wheel/spring is smaller on the type r models so you will have slack in your throttle cable line. I just went down to ace hardware and picked up 2 extended bolts (to be used in place of the stock throttle cable bracket bolts, 2 thick nylon spacers and some washers to bump out the throttle cable bracket by 25mm, this takes up the slack in the throttle cable line. Now on to the pics!...

You can see the spacer in the last pic, it may look strange, but it is SOLID, no play at all.

·
2002 Milano Red Type-S
35 Posts
looks good, just had a question im rather new to engine tuning, so sorry if everyone sees this as a dumb question. but wouldnt it tappering down back to 64mm defeat the purpose of having a bigger inlet on your tb? im probably totally wrong but was just curious..

·
Banned
1,415,593 Posts
looks good, just had a question im rather new to engine tuning, so sorry if everyone sees this as a dumb question. but wouldnt it tappering down back to 64mm defeat the purpose of having a bigger inlet on your tb? im probably totally wrong but was just curious..
your sort of right, he will still see gains, but to utilize a larger TB u need to port match, also u can make a custom intake

·
Because Racecar
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Previously, my ported/welded RBC manifold (by Blueprint Racing) & Karcepts RBC adapter plate were port matched to 64mm...no further porting was necessary for this throttle body, it matched up perfectly.

I also have a custom CAI that Hytech Exhaust built.

·
Mangekyou Sharingan!
2,433 Posts
Previously, my ported/welded RBC manifold (by Blueprint Racing) & Karcepts RBC adapter plate were port matched to 64mm...no further porting was necessary for this throttle body, it matched up perfectly.

I also have a custom CAI that Hytech Exhaust built.
pics of the CAI, how much did it run you?

I want better piping then what injen has for my CAI...

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I have a question. Since your intake manifold isn't stock Type S (PRB) nor Type R (PRC) , would u think buyin a Spoon Venturi for CL7 would fit DC5 that has RBC? Meaning, no modification needed to be done just plug and play. In fact both Spoon Venturi TB for DC5R/EP3R and CL7 have the same throttle body opening size which is 70mm and the butterfly valve size of 65mm

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
We all know that RBC manifolds originally came off from the Accord Euro R CL7s, I just wana clear that up before buyin that Spoon Brand which I also needed to replace my old stock TB and delete my CC

(I was doin a research on my own on Google and this thread appeared so pardon me if this is an old thread)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts