Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one provides better gains?

Or more importantly, which one allows for better, less-restricted airflow?

Which one is lighter?

Does anyone have sound clips?

Personal preferences and why?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i got the spoon exhuast and it sounds perfect to me...not to loud... low deep growling...put it this way..if i drove by u on the street ..it sounds freaken awesome..inside u can't even tell u got a exhaust...its only loud when u first start up your car in the morning...thats it..get spoon for the price of it...mugen cost to much...imo.....but do wut u want..im trying to get a sound clip of mine....i got the v2 and spoon exhaust..its a good combo...u still here hear the intake not just exhuast....some peeps don't like that ... they just want a loud exhuast....performace wise...you can definetly feel the pull with that on...after 6 grand you rpm drops much much faster til redline...hope that helps for now Bro!

·
Go-Go JDM Power!!
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yungee2b said:
i got the spoon exhuast and it sounds perfect to me...not to loud... low deep growling...put it this way..if i drove by u on the street ..it sounds freaken awesome..inside u can't even tell u got a exhaust...its only loud when u first start up your car in the morning...thats it..get spoon for the price of it...mugen cost to much...imo.....but do wut u want..im trying to get a sound clip of mine....i got the v2 and spoon exhaust..its a good combo...u still here hear the intake not just exhuast....some peeps don't like that ... they just want a loud exhuast....performace wise...you can definetly feel the pull with that on...after 6 grand you rpm drops much much faster til redline...hope that helps for now Bro!

Thanks for the help, man! The only clue I have about the Spoon N1 is from a video inside a Civic Type R (EP3) with a Toda Race Header and the N1...anyone know if this is similar to how it would sound in an RSX? I'm assuming it'd be fairly similar. CTR (EP3) - Toda Race Header & Spoon N1 exhaust - credit to Trung_EP3CTR for providing the clip

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
I've had both and like the Mugen Sports exhaust better. Spoon was too annoying loud and reduced my bottom end power more then I liked. The top end on both the Spoon and Mugen were equal as far as I could tell. The build quality on the Mugen is better then the Spoon, and the looks are better (IMO). I think the only advantage of the Spoon N1 is the reduction in weight. But Mugen did an excellent job at balancing the weight of the Sports exhaust to be identical to that of a JDM cat back weight. Both have a great tone under full throttle, but just daily cruising the Mugen is much more friendly. Also, both cost the same. I ordered my Spoon N1 from Taka Kaira in Japan and it was still over $1000 after shipping. My Mugen was $1063 shipped. Both are good companies, but from my own personal experience, Mugen's got the upper hand when it comes to overall tuning abilities and quality.

BTW, the reason I got rid of the Spoon was because I started experiencing an annoying rattling noise at idle coming from the resonator in the B-pipe after about 2 weeks of using it.

·
Super Modulator
2,128 Posts
You paid $1000 for just the Spoon N1 muffler or also the b-pipe?

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
Jermyzy said:
You paid $1000 for just the Spoon N1 muffler or also the b-pipe?

$350 for the N1, $325 for the B-pipe. and about $350 for shipping from Japan.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
To answer your original question. Spoon N1 with b-pipe will provide slightly more gains than Mugen Sports.
Mugen Sports is more street friendly as its much quieter, infact almost as quiet as stock. It uses a 54mm tubing for the center pipe and 60.5mm tubing from the resonator back which is good for low torque only. Spoon N1 is more for circuit use really.

·
Registered
292 Posts
hey~ i have the spoon N1 axle back... i am think of getting a b-pipe also, but i am afraid it will be too loud. I think the axle back's sound elvel is just rite for me now. so will adding a b-pipe make it even louder?!

thanx!

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
DC5 .:K20C:. said:
hey~ i have the spoon N1 axle back... i am think of getting a b-pipe also, but i am afraid it will be too loud. I think the axle back's sound elvel is just rite for me now. so will adding a b-pipe make it even louder?!

thanx!

yeah, it makes a little difference, but not much. if you can handle the axleback, you can handle the b-pipe too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
how does the b-pipe help performance?

does it help the car to pull harder in vtec?!

i have Aem V2 also...

·
Super Modulator
2,128 Posts
Yes, the b-pipe will allow better flow and better high range gains.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts