Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
I would call them to find out.....are you a 4 lug or 5 lug?

·
QUACK ATTACK!!!!
3,864 Posts
damn baller slow down so some people can catch up in parts. Geez punk:wavey:

·
HateMe.ImaGovBureaucrat.
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i would just go with type s rotors since that is all you need to have a type s setup. i wanna get a set of these over the winter.
what do you need to run the DC5-S rotors with the spoon calipers? what relocates the caliper from the OEM mounting position?

I read this on evasivemotorsports: "Spoon calipers use stock Honda size brake pads, which gives users incredible flexibility in choosing pads." so you can run OEM pads with these? are they the AP1 stock pads?

·
Égrish i speak it
297 Posts
you just need the Rotors they will fit under the calipers. im pretty sure they come with brackets. on the spoonsports website notice they dont sell rotors for the ep only the DC5-S and S2000.

contact HUR1CNE on ephatch if you have more questions he has the Spoon mono blocks with DC5-S rotors. he'll be able to answer 100%

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
spoon is to baller for me.......I have no idea what is needed.

·
UKDM
94 Posts
I know that for the TypeR the spoon monoblocks are a direct replacement for the standard callipers. However, I don't know what the standard disc size is on the USDM cars, I think it's 300mm for the TypeR if that's any help. Spoon also offer uprated discs aswell.

·
HateMe.ImaGovBureaucrat.
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you just need the Rotors they will fit under the calipers. im pretty sure they come with brackets. on the spoonsports website notice they dont sell rotors for the ep only the DC5-S and S2000.

contact HUR1CNE on ephatch if you have more questions he has the Spoon mono blocks with DC5-S rotors. he'll be able to answer 100%
Mel is a local, I know him so I'll ask for sure. But your understanding is that the monoblocks come with the brackets? what about the pads?

·
HateMe.ImaGovBureaucrat.
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
not sure about pads you might want to ask him about that as well. or just call spoon and see what they say i know there are spoon pads you can buy they are expensive though.
a local shop has a set in stock in their show room and the owner said he has been waiting 2 years for a set of spoon pads for them. something else has to work if the official distributor shops cant get them from spoon...

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
a local shop has a set in stock in their show room and the owner said he has been waiting 2 years for a set of spoon pads for them. something else has to work if the official distributor shops cant get them from spoon...
JUST A GUESS!!!...I kinda think spoon would make their brakes to use other makers pads...like the brembos that come on the dc5-r, 350z track model....again JUST A GUESS!!!

If it were me, I would call a round and find a shop that has some of the 350z brembo pads. Ether take a caliper down to them for a test fit or buy the pads and take them for a test fit and return them if they do not work.:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts