Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· EVO X
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about purchasing the spoon thermoswitch and thermostat, but im confused. Ive been reading alot of different forums, but everybody has their own opinion. I live in vegas and if you have been here in the summer you know its pretty damn hot. Do you think i need it???

· Registered
14 Posts
im looking to purchase it too, got my car dyno'd and he highly recomended it to keep my car cooler and more consistant...Have you seen it for sale for the RSX anywhere?? IM having trouble finding the thermostat

· Vendor
935 Posts
eling99 said:
im thinking about purchasing the spoon thermoswitch and thermostat, but im confused. Ive been reading alot of different forums, but everybody has their own opinion. I live in vegas and if you have been here in the summer you know its pretty damn hot. Do you think i need it???
Run the stock thermostat. Too cold and your car runs richer and loses power.

· VS. Godzilla
782 Posts
There is NO SPOON Thermostat, only Spoon Thermoswitch. U have to get the MUGEN Thermostat.

· VS. Godzilla
782 Posts
Hondata said:
Run the stock thermostat. Too cold and your car runs richer and loses power.
Could you please comment a little more on this. I was running rich after I installed my shorty header and exhaust, and I custom made a ram air tube to the stock air filter.

7 months later, I installed the Injen CAI, Spoon thermoswitch, Mugen Thermostat, Spoon 1.35 Rad cap and Oil cap. I think my car lost some power and it continues to run rich. I have a base and pumps 93 Octane since day 1. Thanks...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.