Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking into getting one or the other and seeing the ups/downs of each - probably around feb/mar when sales are slow.

bike - could hurt/die (probably a 250 to learn on for now)
wave runner - need an suv or something to tow it (involves having 2 cars unless i sell my eclipse, more insurance)

·
_
433 Posts
i say get the bike. i've been looking into getting one too. like you said, start with a 250, a ninja or something. you can always take the bike out whenever you want (i guess unless it's snowing or something). but with the wave runner, you'll have to plan to go wave running and you'll need a truck or suv. with a bike you can just be like "i'm gonna go for a ride." and you get to take carpool lane, great on gas, free parking and no bridge toll. getting the bike would be the cheaper investment. but like you said again, you could get hurt or die. the biggest problem is idiot drivers.

·
Old San Diego Member
4,063 Posts
bike!!!! You know what i was in the same boat. i wanted wave runner, dirt bike or motorcycle. i got the bike. A) did not want to sell the rsx or buy a used truck. B) gas for the truck expensive. C) More insurance for the truck. D) wave runner insurance and reg is costly per yr. SO your paying @X insurance for wave runner and truck 2X gas for both. then you have to hook it up like the other guys said and drive park then get on it. A bike you get on it and go. Also you only get to ride the wave runner in summer months may thru aug. bike where you are you can ride from apr till sept. plus bike have a lot of fun it t. i love mine. yeah danger of dying but you take that risk when geting into your car or walkign otu he door. it is life. the bike you can go more palces and meet a girl than you can on a wave runner. easier parking with the bike. girls love a nice bike. so there is my rant and opinion

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
errr.. i had my mind set on the wave runner too..lol everyone wants me to get a bike now..sheesh what to do..lol

yeah a bike would be cheaper. I actually will be getting an suv (shared with parents) to borrow. plus its fun taking a girl out on water.

bike is more riskier as far as accidents. A car you have a bigger chance of survival. You could be the best biker, but if a car doesn't see you, your dead.

·
Old San Diego Member
4,063 Posts
yeah but man so many girls will come up to me down town to take a ride on my bike. or wanting to sit on it. i mean hey you can do that also but i do not think you will get much play with a wave runner downtown. plus man you have to wash that wave runner all thje time once you get out of the water.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
true, i'll probably just get the bike then since its more useable. but if i die, and then when u die.. there's gonna be some war up in the skies..lol

·
Old San Diego Member
4,063 Posts
hey i took the MSF course im not saying i am invicible but i know more than before. and am a little bit of a safer rider. trust me i jsut got back from riding and it was fun

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Unplugged said:
true, i'll probably just get the bike then since its more useable. but if i die, and then when u die.. there's gonna be some war up in the skies..lol
You can go places and see things on a PWC that you can't on a car or bike? You can get a tan when riding the PWC? Unless you are not careful you really don't have to worry about getting hurt on the PWC? There are lots of girls out on the water in boats and on PWCs (with beach houses). Washing it and flushing it only takes 30 minutes or so. I have known 3 people personally who were killed on a bike. :( Jetski insurance for a year costs $250 on my brand new STX-R which is Kawasaki's racing ski.

http://www.kawasaki.com/admin/Flash/JETSKI1200STX_print.html

I have almost as much power sitting under my ass as a Base RSX. :D (sorry for any base owner reading this but 145 HP on a 650lbs Jetski is a lot)

With the PWC you can ride in colder months too with a wetsuit. Seeing dolphin, jumping waves, flying across the water at 65mph (GPS'ed), hitting 57 MPH being pulled by a tube, taking a girl out on it for a cruise just taking it easy, hitting a marina bar/restaurant from the water, running buoy courses and lots of other things are LOTS of fun. As many girls that like bikes there are just as many who are scared shitless of them.

And if you do get the bike don't get a 250. Go for a 600 at least. You will be so bored of the 250 in a month you will hate it. Riding a bike isn't hard at all if you take it easy.

If you want to ride my STX-R or stand-up (when I get it) Mark you are more then welcomed to try them out. I will laugh watching you on the standup but at least you can get an idea. :thumbsup:

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ADAMRSX said:
I say bike. a wave runner is no fun unless you have about 3 or 4 other people that have their own to go riding with you. Even then they still get boring after 45 minutes.
riding a bike by yourself can be just as boring. i would love to have both, i just can't afford both right now.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CuzzinOlaf said:
You can go places and see things on a PWC that you can't on a car or bike? You can get a tan when riding the PWC? Unless you are not careful you really don't have to worry about getting hurt on the PWC? There are lots of girls out on the water in boats and on PWCs (with beach houses). Washing it and flushing it only takes 30 minutes or so. I have known 3 people personally who were killed on a bike. :( Jetski insurance for a year costs $250 on my brand new STX-R which is Kawasaki's racing ski.

http://www.kawasaki.com/admin/Flash/JETSKI1200STX_print.html

I have almost as much power sitting under my ass as a Base RSX. :D (sorry for any base owner reading this but 145 HP on a 650lbs Jetski is a lot)

With the PWC you can ride in colder months too with a wetsuit. Seeing dolphin, jumping waves, flying across the water at 65mph (GPS'ed), hitting 57 MPH being pulled by a tube, taking a girl out on it for a cruise just taking it easy, hitting a marina bar/restaurant from the water, running buoy courses and lots of other things are LOTS of fun. As many girls that like bikes there are just as many who are scared shitless of them.

And if you do get the bike don't get a 250. Go for a 600 at least. You will be so bored of the 250 in a month you will hate it. Riding a bike isn't hard at all if you take it easy.

If you want to ride my STX-R or stand-up (when I get it) Mark you are more then welcomed to try them out. I will laugh watching you on the standup but at least you can get an idea. :thumbsup:
Yeah, i'd like to ride the stx-r just to get a feel of what i'm looking for. I already have a fast car on the road (once finished), and sometimes I hate driving, especially in traffic, so I rather have something that is different. If I don't like it or get bored, its not like i'm stuck with it. Plus you guys who can't spend 20-30 minutes washing it and rinsing it are lazy :laughing:

·
sigh
12,700 Posts
Manual says the RSX can tow like 1000lbs. But what is the tow weight of a trailer and two jet skis. I'm not sure how else to describe it... How much does something weigh when you pull it on wheels? Whats the right question to ask. :)

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
640k said:
Manual says the RSX can tow like 1000lbs. But what is the tow weight of a trailer and two jet skis. I'm not sure how else to describe it... How much does something weigh when you pull it on wheels? Whats the right question to ask. :)

Well my ski weighs 650 pounds or so. The trailer weighs around 90 I am guessing. Most of the weight is on the trailer wheels but the tongue weight is what the RSX actually supports. I think that is around 150 or so. I dunno I can lift it to put it on the hitch on my Jeep. I can see one ski on a trailer behind it but two is definitely overkill and gonna destroy your clutch. I have a hitch for mine but its just for taking the ski on long trips. I wouldn't attempt to drive it on a boat ramp unless it was a real small hill. Front wheel drive on a slippery boat ramp at a steep angle doesn't sound like a good mix to me. :thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.