Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
SHIFT_
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happened last night...normal driving...I noticed the D is Flashing

I checked the Tranny Fluid...I got a Half reading...I also resetted the ECU...It was fine for the first few kilometers but it started Flashing again...!!! :noes:

FYI: I have over 130k/kms...ATF has been changed Twice so far. I'm actually changing the ATF again this weekend

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

·
Drew2JZGTE/K24A8
4,599 Posts
i had that problem in my cl-type s.
Those cars had the worst auto trannies ever.
It would usually start flashing when it would start to fuck up and randomly drop from 4th to 1st gear. felt like someone hit me from behind at 100 mph

·
Registered
648 Posts
Check what the code is with an OBD II scan tool. I had that happen to me a while back and the code was for "Shift Malfunction" Not sure what caused it to come on, but it hasn't came on since. Your car might have gone into "Limp Mode" and that causes the car to run in Automatic only and not Sport Shift. The car gets horrible gas milage too when you are in Limp Mode. So next time it happens take your car to a Auto Shop and have them scan your ECU or invest in an OBD II scan tool. They are about $100+.

·
OG Member
21,422 Posts
03DSM-RSX said:
go to autopart store and ask to get ur Check engine light read. even if u dont have one, try to read it. download the helms manual, theres some diagnostic tests that can be done.

its not a CEL...its a tranny issue

it could mean many things....your tranny may be shot...or a solenoid is just busted

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
bembol said:
I know...I was going to delete my post...!!! :eek: :p

I have to Helms so that's done...time to get my hands on this OBD II
i know the above post said its not CEL, so i dont think it will be usefull..but a buddy of mine has a scanner that i can borrow from him we can try reading it with that, let me know:thumbsup:

·
SHIFT_
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RSX01 said:
i know the above post said its not CEL, so i dont think it will be usefull..but a buddy of mine has a scanner that i can borrow from him we can try reading it with that, let me know:thumbsup:
Thanks Buddy...!!! :bow: Let me know when you get the Scanner :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
ill ask him for it 2morrow i probably wont have it until tuesday nite/wed in the day hopefully, ill send you a message once i get my hands on it

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,226 Posts
There are some transmission codes that trigger the flashing "D" and not the CEL, some trigger just the CEL, and some trigger both lights. If you pull code P0710, it's the ATF temperature sensor. Could just be the wiring, but if it's the sensor, you should know that you can only replace it with the fluid drained, may want to check this before you finish changing the fluid. There are some other codes that may also require draining the fluid to check the part in question.

·
SHIFT_
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just finished Flushing the Tranny...my cousin helped me out...didn't even know about Changing Gears after doing this...!!! :eek:

We took it out for a test and it was all good...didn't Flash...!!! Crossing my fingers that it stays this way

Thanks for the help/inputs :thumbsup:

·
Suh dude
14 Acura ILX Tech
25,974 Posts
stryker said:
its not a CEL...its a tranny issue

it could mean many things....your tranny may be shot...or a solenoid is just busted
well i pulled a cel code off a tl and it read trans malfunction i drove it around went to park it the bitch didnt even go in reverse

·
Poopra 'O Doom
8,644 Posts
This happened to me in my boosted auto a couple of times in SS mode, I would shift from 3rd to 4th but it wouldnt shift and the M light kept blinking, then I backed off the throttle, waited a couple of secs, then if shifted normally. I'm pretty sure it means your tranny is shot.

·
SHIFT_
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
rensoyka said:
There are some transmission codes that trigger the flashing "D" and not the CEL, some trigger just the CEL, and some trigger both lights. If you pull code P0710, it's the ATF temperature sensor. Could just be the wiring, but if it's the sensor, you should know that you can only replace it with the fluid drained, may want to check this before you finish changing the fluid. There are some other codes that may also require draining the fluid to check the part in question.
Update: It started flashing again but RSX01 hooked me up with the OBDII and I got a "0845" I didn't right the exact problem but it's the TEMPERATURE SENSOR

I talked to Acura and he said if I get a code like 0700/0710 I'm basically screwed and will the a new Tranny...!!! I was crossing my fingers when I plugged the OBDII

·
Speedy
2,648 Posts
my wife's POS auto is getting the same flashing D deal. car is '02 with only 30k miles in mint condition. one thing about honda is, if one person get's a problem everyone get's a problem. buck i'll have the same sensor problem...

this car has been babbied - wtf.......

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
damn, had this also happen to my 03 auto with 30k miles...took it in to acura and had them change the tranny fluid, but they couldnt find anything wrong with the tranny itself. a day later it started flashing again :firemad: . but since then it has completely disappeared :confused:. hope it doesnt come back...

and like the above poster, my car has been babied as well. WTF.

·
SHIFT_
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I forgot to update this...the problem with my ride was the 3RD CLUTCH PRESSURE SWITCH...it's $80 CAN for the part...special order through Acura 2000

I tried DIY but couldn't get access...it's in the Helm's...!!!

Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts