Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I don't know that code pulled up when I took it to autozone. Something about my shift solenoid malfunctioning. but i dont know which one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
nvm its shift malfunctioning. i dont think its cause of a solenoid got it rechecked. the guy said i have to get my tranny rebuilt. cost around 1200-2500. any ideas?

·
Living Legend
12,656 Posts
nvm its shift malfunctioning. i dont think its cause of a solenoid got it rechecked. the guy said i have to get my tranny rebuilt. cost around 1200-2500. any ideas?
For that much just get a manual swap... Or get it fixed if you have warranty.

·
Buuuuurrrb*erry
70 Posts
I'm not sure if I have the same problem as you guys. I've asked the shop to scan my ECU for me and nothing came up for them (unless they didn't tell me). I've had my ATF drained and filled again with new bottles, and the issue still occurs.

It starts off driving normal, then out of nowhere the D starts blinking. At first it will put my car into neutral and I would be forced to pull over, and park the car or something. Afterward, I would be able to drive with the blinking "D" but it feels like it is stuck in a gear and at times it will stall at a stop.

Anyone had similar problems?

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi guys,

Managed to find this useful forum. Apparently my ride just recently flashes the "D" light. Got it checked and its the 3rd gear pressure switch that needs to be replaced. Now my concern is that, would i need to replaced the other pressure switch? I believed there are 2....Correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Buuuuurrrb*erry
70 Posts
So, you say it's a pressure switch that needs to be replaced. Do you think in my situation, it is a similar problem?

Is your gears slipping?

·
Registered
297 Posts
When I'm in 1st-4th gear its fine and when it switches to 5th gear the car goes into neutral. Am I also have the same problem arsenalrox? I got my tranny reflushed with new fluid and everything but still no luck.

·
fuck scion tc
117 Posts
everyone
this Part # is 28600-PRP-003, ( aka oil switch ) thus it really the problem..
anyone try this b4.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
2002 Acura RSX base model. It has around 97000 miles on it. The D light started blinking today.
I checked with the OBD scanner tool. It gave me the code P0845(Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/ Switch & Circuit). Last November the same code was there and i flushed the transmission fluid and the code went away and now the code came back again.
I have posted this as a new post and now i found the old post so thought of posting it here.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,

An update: I replaced by 3rd pressure switch a week ago and the stupid P0845 code has come back to haunt me again.

Question is: Do i need to reset the ECU after replacing the switch? Because the mechanic did not do that in the 1st place.

Any help is appreciated here

·
Registered
8 Posts
I replaced the pressure switch 2 weeks ago and the mechanic did reset the code.
The code no longer appears. So it's better to reset the code and check if the code is there. Hope this helps

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
So, I have P0845 with the blinking "D," but the car otherwise runs perfect. No slipping of the clutches, no rough shifts or problems shifting between gears in auto or manual, etc.

Is there a way to test my sensor before I place an order for the new one, just to be sure? It looks like HELM doesn't carry the service manual anymore, and all the download links I've found around the forum are long past working anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It happened last night...normal driving...I noticed the D is Flashing

I checked the Tranny Fluid...I got a Half reading...I also resetted the ECU...It was fine for the first few kilometers but it started Flashing again...!!! :noes:

FYI: I have over 130k/kms...ATF has been changed Twice so far. I'm actually changing the ATF again this weekend

Any ideas? Thanks in advance 👍
Me too., I scan it. Just replace the automatic transmission fluid switch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It happened last night...normal driving...I noticed the D is Flashing

I checked the Tranny Fluid...I got a Half reading...I also resetted the ECU...It was fine for the first few kilometers but it started Flashing again...!!! :noes:

FYI: I have over 130k/kms...ATF has been changed Twice so far. I'm actually changing the ATF again this weekend

Any ideas? Thanks in advance 👍
Change the automatic transmission fluid pressure switch. On mine I found the wire was bad. It under the air intake box.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts