Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just detailed the inside of my car yesterday with Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather (For the seats of course) and Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer (For the dashes and other plastics). I went to start up the car this afternoon and saw little spots on the passanger seats and spots on the dash.

Is there anything I can do to fix this up? The spots are getting on my nerves because they stand out like a sore thumb.

·
Mercy is for the weak!
2,825 Posts
I used both Gold Class products described here. For the splotches on plastic (stock headunit), a damp MF towel makes short work of them. My dash and seats are immaculate though, no spotting whatsoever.

A key to these products is to use them liberally. The finish will be uneven if you use the wipes on a surface area too large.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i like to spray the product over a MF towel instead of on the actual surfaces to avoid getting "oily" spots on plastics and such.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I tried wiping them down with a MF with a little water and no dice. I don't which product caused the splotches but when I used the Quik Detailer the first time there were no splotches, but after I bought the gold class leather one and detailed my car all over (Using both products) the splotches appeared.

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
Try 303 for the dash, and Lexol for the leathers. Rub the Lexol in and let it sit, and then wipe it off. DONT put the Lexol on the pleather, they make a different one for the fake shit. For the dash, spray some 303 on a mf towel and wipe the dash.

·
4-MMC OG
1,907 Posts
FYI Megs QID is for cleaning, it is NOT a protectant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts